The other day I was jump-starting a big truck in my yard when both the ABS and Emergency Brake lights came on along with fast-paced dings. The gear shifter indicator light also went off. I tried to put my truck in gear, but it wouldn't go. I turned off the truck and tried to restart it, but it wouldn't turn over. I still had power to the radio, windows, and lights. The truck has diesel, I checked the fuses, and I replaced both batteries. It still wouldn't turn over. What do you think could be wrong with my truck?
Truck won't turn over on 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
BEST ANSWER by dandd ,
May 25, 2010
You may have over loaded/damaged electrical system components in your truck and scrambled some of the software in your engine computer or more. Diesels today are computer controlled. I would not jump start anything, there are too many computer systems in cars and trucks these days that can be damaged.
1 answerMay 30, 2015
1 answerJuly 12, 2009
1 answerJune 12, 2010
1 answerMay 29, 2013
1 answerJanuary 14, 2015
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Maintenance Schedule
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems(19)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair Estimates
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A(72)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls(3)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Shops
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews(14)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
- I'm having a problem trying to turn key how can I unlock the ignition?
- Why do the P,R,D symbols blink on my truck? Check engine light came on also..
- Sometimes a po300 cold hot doesn't matter. Restart after few minutes and clears
- New aftermarket towing mirrors. How do i make in-mirror signals work?
- how do I replace the ignition switch cylinder?
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Estimates
- Maintenance I ($94 - 123) in Wessington Springs, SD
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($130 - 534) in Bethel, ME
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Dodson, TX
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($91 - 159) in North Las Vegas, NV
- Engine Mount Replacement ($408 - 478) in Kingsford, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($406 - 468) in Victoria, IL