It took the truck about 1\2 hr to die after GEN light came on. Battery was bad and I replaced it. After replacing battery the engine turns over but will not start. I had the alternator tested and it passed. Tried checking for error codes but I get an error message on my handheld. Does that mean the ECM is bad?
Truck will not start. The GEN light came on when driving home and truck died. on 1996 Dodge Ram 2500
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 2500 Questions
- Voltage regulator
- Engine shuts down randomly when you slow down to turn or decelerate
- Replaced fuel pump and filter truck still wont start. any ideas on what it is?
- Van keeps cutting off. I replaced coil & complete tune up and fuel pump.
- Leaking antifreeze but no leaks visible. Brand new radiator put in yday. The top
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($179 - 243) in Emblem, WY
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($403 - 576) in Janesville, IA
- Steering Rack Replacement ($426 - 825) in Harlingen, TX
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($71 - 181) in Laketown, UT
- Window Switch Replacement ($73 - 278) in Mahopac Falls, NY
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($470 - 578) in Cascilla, MS