my 99 ford explorer is puttering when i hit 70 mph. when it first did it, i thought it was the spark plugs. so i changed the plugs and the wires and it stopped for about a month. now, it's doing it again. the only difference is from the 1st time, it would do it when i got to 35mph instead of 70mph. what else could it be?
Truck puttering on 1999 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 1999 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
- Dual zone heat. Driver side blows hot, passenger cold. what is issue?
1999 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Starter Replacement ($222 - $302) in Weleetka, OK
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($512 - $672) in Crouse, NC
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Panama, NY
- Head Gasket Replacement ($1,174 - $1,638) in Carthage, SD
- Suspension Leaf Spring Replacement ($602 - $697) in Alleene, AR
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($165 - $306) in Chandler Heights, AZ