Put a new water pump and thermastat in. Leaking around water pump yesterday, no leaks today after put new pump on. HELP.
Truck overheating. on 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Were all the remaining gasket material removed from the block? Sometimes a new water pump needs to "bed in" and will leak on initial start up but this was 20 years ago! Pressure test the cooling system to check for leaks if there are no other leaks then check other things like an inefficient radiator or a partially blown head gasket.
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 1500 Questions
- Why is my check engine light on?
- total cost to replace the 2 transmission coolant lines ? Corrosion but no leak
- I need to know how to test the breaklight switch,cause I have no lights on the b
- my headlight on the passenger side only works on bright. I have checked the fuse
- just changed three actuators and still cant change the direction of the air flow
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($405 - 764) in Stanleytown, VA
- Battery Replacement ($165 - 196) in Stambaugh, MI
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($569 - 1,404) in Conyngham, PA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($268 - 508) in Geneva, NY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($221 - 349) in Welaka, FL
- Suspension Leaf Spring Replacement ($245 - 266) in Vance, AL