The transmission won't shift right till it warms up. Put it in 2nd and will shift from 1st to 2nd. Put it in drive and it won't come out of 1st. After the car warms up, it seems to shift fine. Put it in drive or O/drive and it will go through the gears. Fluid level is ok. The trans supposedly was rebuilt in 2000. Some say it might be the solenoids, if so, where are they located? Others say get another trans. Any ideas?
Transmission won't shift when cold on 1991 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
1991 Ford Explorer Estimates
- 65,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Grand Saline, TX
- Brake Drum Replacement ($334 - 434) in Gerlaw, IL
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Kennedale, TX
- 105,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in Long Lake, NY
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Munford, TN
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($195 - 333) in Martinsburg, MO