The transmission won't shift right till it warms up. Put it in 2nd and will shift from 1st to 2nd. Put it in drive and it won't come out of 1st. After the car warms up, it seems to shift fine. Put it in drive or O/drive and it will go through the gears. Fluid level is ok. The trans supposedly was rebuilt in 2000. Some say it might be the solenoids, if so, where are they located? Others say get another trans. Any ideas?
Transmission won't shift when cold on 1991 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 1991 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- What do I do if doing it my self
- rear wiper stop working could hear motor engaging.Replaced motor with a new one.
- My suv is making a clicking noise when i turn the heat on.
- We lost our key fob. Had explorer towed to dealership.
- on a on a 1999 Ford Explorer how do you check the fuel relay two know whether?
1991 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($266 - $1,053) in Grand Saline, TX
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Gerlaw, IL
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Kennedale, TX
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($228 - $302) in Long Lake, NY
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($295 - $756) in Munford, TN
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($286 - $355) in Martinsburg, MO