The transmission won't shift right till it warms up. Put it in 2nd and will shift from 1st to 2nd. Put it in drive and it won't come out of 1st. After the car warms up, it seems to shift fine. Put it in drive or O/drive and it will go through the gears. Fluid level is ok. The trans supposedly was rebuilt in 2000. Some say it might be the solenoids, if so, where are they located? Others say get another trans. Any ideas?
Transmission won't shift when cold on 1991 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- my explorer chokes out and cuts off everytime i give it gas. what could it be?
- What law firm is doing the Ford Explorer lawsuit for plastic radiation connect.
- If my Explorer jumps time could it take out all three cylinders on One bank at the same time
- Is it okay to run conventional oil in my Explorer V6 non ecoboost engine?
- squeaks like the belt is loose then dies starts right back up