The transmission won't shift right till it warms up. Put it in 2nd and will shift from 1st to 2nd. Put it in drive and it won't come out of 1st. After the car warms up, it seems to shift fine. Put it in drive or O/drive and it will go through the gears. Fluid level is ok. The trans supposedly was rebuilt in 2000. Some say it might be the solenoids, if so, where are they located? Others say get another trans. Any ideas?
Transmission won't shift when cold on 1991 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very
- How can I trick the PCM into thinking there is a speed sensor, its engine swap.
- Replaced Ford range control it still goes forward in reverse.