transmission shifts through first, second & into third then stays in third. i am wondering if this could be related to towing. i have owned this vehicle for 170,000 out of it's 230,000 miles & only just recently towed a 2500 lb trailer of firewood. now suddenly i have a blown head gasket & transmission that won't go past third.
transmission won't go past third gear on 1991 GMC Suburban 2500
Asked by for the 1991 GMC Suburban 2500
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Suburban 2500 Questions
- start but will not run long
- 4×4 not working correctly due to some wires hanging below accuater??
- I recently had fuel pump+starter replaced and it isn't getting fuel
- 4WD service light on for a time after startup but then goes off. All 4WD working
- Why is the anti lock brake light on and the anti lock brakes don't work?
1991 GMC Suburban 2500 Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($854 - 2,041) in Gordonsville, TN
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($120 - 389) in Victor, ID
- Vacuum Pump Replacement ($245 - 455) in Ocean Isle Beach, NC
- Alternator Replacement ($266 - 532) in Waitsburg, WA
- Axle Shaft Replacement ($3,352 - 3,380) in University Of Richmond, VA
- Radiator Fan Clutch Replacement ($195 - 214) in Wheaton, MN