my car has approx 175k mi of which i put on about 10k in the year ive had it. it has run great no problems no leaks of any kind it has been an exceptional car all things considered. the other night i started out to a friends for a visit. as soon as i put it in gear and took off i had an abrupt jolt as if i had run into a block of wood. got out to inspect, nothing there, tried it again. this time car gradually picked up speed to normal within about 50 yards. after driving about a half mile and stopping to visit for an hour i started back home. this time no jolt but again gardual gaining of speed. the following day around noon i went out to test it, started and proceeded to take off with no problem at all. what is the possible problem? i havent driven it since.
transmission slipping? on 1993 BMW 325i
Asked by for the 1993 BMW 325i
1 answerFebruary 24, 2017
1 answerNovember 02, 2010
1 answerJanuary 05, 2016
1 answerApril 12, 2011
0 answersApril 07, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 325i Questions
- My indicator and warning lights not working.
- My car does not go in drive, automatic transmission slipping after fluid change
- What transmission do I have and what atf fluid do I need
- what would make the loud humming sound when acceleration and the get lower when
- My car won't unlock. I can use key to unlock the drivers side, not other doors.
1993 BMW 325i Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($493 - $641) in Jacksonville, AL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($254 - $492) in Bancroft, MI
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($315 - $561) in Upper Black Eddy, PA
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($133 - $217) in Clayton, AL
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($201 - $247) in Wolfcreek, WV
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Coal City, IL