I just got the Jetta from a Ford Dealer that taken it on trade.It was sold to me as is. The prior owner had a problem with the tranny not shiftng out of lower speeds - The Local VW dealer said it needed a mechatron - they did reset it something. The car now shifts just fine and no warning lights - do you think this problem will return as the mechatron has not been replaced.
transmission shifting issue on 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta534 reports
5 answersNovember 20, 2011
1 answerMay 03, 2010
1 answerNovember 20, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the seal on the waterpump end of the balance shaft?
- if u set timing and rotate 1 turn should all marks line up or will they change
- How do I know if I need to replace power steering pump?
- 2009 Jetta se dash - next to time, temp, and mileage, "2-3" is on display?
- My Jetta is throwing 5 codes, p0036, p0141, p2128, p2123 and p0221.
2006 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($433 - 591) in Rockwell, NC
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Clarksville, IN
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Garland, UT
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($371 - 530) in Mesa, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($211 - 256) in Sylvania, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($300 - 433) in Westport Point, MA