I just got the Jetta from a Ford Dealer that taken it on trade.It was sold to me as is. The prior owner had a problem with the tranny not shiftng out of lower speeds - The Local VW dealer said it needed a mechatron - they did reset it something. The car now shifts just fine and no warning lights - do you think this problem will return as the mechatron has not been replaced.
transmission shifting issue on 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta485 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta30 reports
5 answersNovember 20, 2011
1 answerMay 03, 2010
1 answerNovember 20, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
2006 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($327 - 464) in Rockwell, NC
- PCV Valve Replacement ($26 - 34) in Clarksville, IN
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Garland, UT
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Mesa, WA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($771 - 824) in Sylvania, OH
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Westport Point, MA