I just got the Jetta from a Ford Dealer that taken it on trade.It was sold to me as is. The prior owner had a problem with the tranny not shiftng out of lower speeds - The Local VW dealer said it needed a mechatron - they did reset it something. The car now shifts just fine and no warning lights - do you think this problem will return as the mechatron has not been replaced.
transmission shifting issue on 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta563 reports
5 answersNovember 20, 2011
1 answerMay 03, 2010
1 answerNovember 20, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
2006 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($86 - $108) in Rockwell, NC
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Clarksville, IN
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($397 - $562) in Garland, UT
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($229 - $311) in Mesa, WA
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($56 - $81) in Sylvania, OH
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - $134) in Westport Point, MA