My car shift ok when cold, as soon as it warms up it shifts hard and slips. I have taken it to 3 different shops and getting 3 different opinions. 1.) replace transmission $5,000. 2.) solenoids needs replacing 3.) Engine fan staying on longer than normal. Possibly not cooling down the transmission causing it after warm up to shift hard or slip. Replace radiator, $550.00. . . anyone else have shift problems after the car gets warm?
Transmission shifting hard and slipping after ward up on 2005 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the seal on the waterpump end of the balance shaft?
- if u set timing and rotate 1 turn should all marks line up or will they change
- How do I know if I need to replace power steering pump?
- 2009 Jetta se dash - next to time, temp, and mileage, "2-3" is on display?
- My Jetta is throwing 5 codes, p0036, p0141, p2128, p2123 and p0221.
2005 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($571 - 1,174) in Woodside, NY
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Lepanto, AR
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Alton Bay, NH
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($218 - 383) in Plaucheville, LA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($243 - 302) in Fulton, MI
- Window Switch Replacement ($130 - 154) in Allegany, OR