My car shift ok when cold, as soon as it warms up it shifts hard and slips. I have taken it to 3 different shops and getting 3 different opinions. 1.) replace transmission $5,000. 2.) solenoids needs replacing 3.) Engine fan staying on longer than normal. Possibly not cooling down the transmission causing it after warm up to shift hard or slip. Replace radiator, $550.00. . . anyone else have shift problems after the car gets warm?
Transmission shifting hard and slipping after ward up on 2005 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
2005 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($485 - $689) in Woodside, NY
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($32 - $76) in Lepanto, AR
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($433 - $591) in Alton Bay, NH
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($322 - $387) in Plaucheville, LA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($238 - $383) in Fulton, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($243 - $302) in Allegany, OR