My car shift ok when cold, as soon as it warms up it shifts hard and slips. I have taken it to 3 different shops and getting 3 different opinions. 1.) replace transmission $5,000. 2.) solenoids needs replacing 3.) Engine fan staying on longer than normal. Possibly not cooling down the transmission causing it after warm up to shift hard or slip. Replace radiator, $550.00. . . anyone else have shift problems after the car gets warm?
Transmission shifting hard and slipping after ward up on 2005 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?
- car dies while driving and sometimes won't start. good fuel pump and filter
- Where is the output speed sensor located? Is it under the battery?