My car shift ok when cold, as soon as it warms up it shifts hard and slips. I have taken it to 3 different shops and getting 3 different opinions. 1.) replace transmission $5,000. 2.) solenoids needs replacing 3.) Engine fan staying on longer than normal. Possibly not cooling down the transmission causing it after warm up to shift hard or slip. Replace radiator, $550.00. . . anyone else have shift problems after the car gets warm?
Transmission shifting hard and slipping after ward up on 2005 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
2005 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($271 - 327) in Woodside, NY
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($158 - 621) in Lepanto, AR
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($234 - 408) in Alton Bay, NH
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($440 - 648) in Plaucheville, LA
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($515 - 1,005) in Fulton, MI
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($692 - 713) in Allegany, OR