Just replaced alternator and vehicle runs great. But the shifter won't move out of neutral. Vehicle has been sitting for a yr. Thinking probably rusted or dirty linkage. Have no idea how to check that on the vehicle. Mechanic that put on alternatorm said linkage was tight, so could I use WD 40 on it to loosen it up. Don't want to force it.
Transmission shifter is stuck in neutral. on 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe
take linkage apart and see if you can free up
COMMENT by laraliewinter ,
April 11, 2013
OKAY where is the linkage located on the vehicle? I have tried to google a diagram of the linkage area and come up with nothing. thanks
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Santa Fe Questions
- is there i can bypass the a/c pulley when replacing the spertaine belt
- What would cause timing belt to shred and seize engine
- was running fine yesterday and wont start today.the car makes no noise.
- Why does my car lose power/ acceleration while driving normal? Never shut off.
- selector difficult to move from park to drive must put into n to start
2002 Hyundai Santa Fe Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($285 - 410) in Dilltown, PA
- 52,500 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Wahpeton, ND
- 120,000 Mile Service ($489 - 691) in Swiss, WV
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($276 - 687) in Smyrna, MI
- Window Switch Replacement ($216 - 229) in Loveland, OH
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($159 - 402) in Holualoa, HI