Transmission oil is leaking from one of the seals. I can't pinpoint it cause I don't have a jack. My question is "what is the general price to replace a seal on the automatic transmission?"
Transmission seal on 1991 Mercury Sable
1 answer 1 comment
Its about an 8.5 hour job to remove the transmission if the front transmission seal has to be replaced. If it is an axle seal that needs to be replaced its probably a 1 to 1.2 hour labor.
Verified for the Mercury Sable7 reports
2 answersDecember 08, 2013
1 answerJuly 20, 2010
1 answerAugust 31, 2010
1 answerJanuary 25, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Sable Questions
- Why won't my car start? I put a charged battery in it.. it's not the alternator
- how can i fix the main brake box for all the brakes
- Broke abs sensor front left, can't see how its mounted so I can remove and repla
- the engine races then shuts off. what would cause this?
- how to replace front window washer pump
1991 Mercury Sable Estimates
- 100,000 Mile Service ($355 - 513) in Clearfield, UT
- AC Compressor Replacement ($559 - 772) in Raymond, OH
- 150,000 Mile Service ($367 - 507) in South Hutchinson, KS
- Clutch Cable Replacement ($178 - 326) in Valley Ford, CA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($232 - 260) in Stow, MA
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - 30) in Glasgow, PA