transmission problems with 2006 Fusion on 2006 Ford Fusion

I have a 2006 Ford Fusion and it will not go into 3rd and 4th gear. I bought this car brand new!I took it back to the dealership and they are saying that it is unfixable, there are no replacement parts for that transmission and I need a new transmission at the cost of $5150.00. Has there been any recalls? Please help! Something has to be done! My car is shot after 5 years.

by in Columbus, OH on January 07, 2011
2 answers
ANSWER by on January 07, 2011
Maybe try a bigger wrecking yard that supplies body shops, Because somewhere there is a wrecked Fusion with the transmission that you are looking for or call a couple of the bigger body shops in your area and ask them who they use. Hope this helps
ANSWER by on January 07, 2011
No Recalls... I don't know how many miles you have, but you may be able to contact Ford to ask for help. 1-800-392-3673. If you are under say...75,000 miles, you may have a shot at it. In the meantime, check out this thread here on RepairPal...it's rather lengthy... http://repairpal.com/transmission-problem-242
Has anyone experienced any transmission problems with their '06 Fusion (auto, V6)? Mine has taken to slipping out of gear when I make any quick accelerations. If it drops out of I gear if I take ...
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may corr...