Transmission problems on 2001 Volvo V70 XC

was driving down highway when transmission service urgent came on. pulled to side of road now nothing. won't shift in any gear. can't even move vehicle in neutral. had all maintenance by dealer when needed.never had indication of problem. 158000 miles on it.need to know where to go from here. thanks

by in Richmond, VA on January 02, 2010
1 answer
ANSWER by on January 02, 2010
You'll need to get it towed o a repair shop that can look into this for you, and possibly replace it if necessary, because there's a good chance that you will need to get a new transmission. Many of these transmissions fail much sooner, so if it's any consolation, you are fortunate it lasted this long.
transmission jerks on take off and shifts after easing off accelerator. I had fluid changed still have the same problem 47,000k
I was told that I need a new transmission for my V70-XC. It has 107,000 and 2 repair shops said the fluid is dirty. However, one says that I need a new transmission, the other says I need to replac...
Many complaints have been reported regarding Volvo Cross Country transmission shifting issues. Long shift times between gear shifts, hard shifting, hard downshifting and a loss of transmissio...
how much to rebuild a transmission for 1998 V70 XC AWD VOLVO? HOW MUCH TO REPLACE TRANSMISSION FOR 1998 V70 XC AWD VOLVO?
Hi! Last spring, I purchased a 1998 Volvo V70XC, which now has close to 160K miles on it. I drive the car for both long and short-distance road trips. While I drove the car to San Francisco ...