I have a 1993 Geo Metro convertible. I just replaced the clutch plate and drove it this morning for the first time. After 30 miles, the transmission slipped out of 5th gear and would not re-engage. After another 15 miles, the transmission started a grinding noise. What could the problem be?
Transmission problems on 1993 Geo Metro
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Visitor ,
January 04, 2011
Mine is doing the same thing. Might be coincidence that it went out right after replacing the clutch. My guess is the fifth gear is stripped and worn out. Some small foreign cars have a plate allowing for access to the fifth gear without pulling the tranny.
1 answerSeptember 17, 2015
2 answersApril 29, 2011
2 answersApril 10, 2009
2 answersSeptember 10, 2009
2 answersFebruary 26, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Geo Metro Questions
- battery is good but car doesnt have power anywhere
- how do I change distributor pick up in 1.3 liter, Do i need to pull distributor?
- Whats the fl relay
- Where i find the PS reservoir? cause its hard to turn my steering wheel?pls help
- runs great most of the time feels like it cuts off a few seconds no pattern to i
1993 Geo Metro Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($143 - 182) in Fawnskin, CA
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($324 - 579) in Glen Fork, WV
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($426 - 633) in Bode, IA
- Radiator Replacement ($368 - 707) in Munnsville, NY
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($67 - 78) in Running Springs, CA
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Conewango Valley, NY