Transmission problems on 2001 Saturn L200

I recently changed out my A/C compressor. After I finished my transmission makes like a clunk when it shifts gears. I'm getting a IAT (Intake Air Temp) Sensor code, saying that it could be a bad sensor, faulty wire, or bad connection. Was wondering if anyone had any insight into this?

by in Stafford, VA on August 07, 2009
3 answers
ANSWER by on August 07, 2009
Is the sensor still plugged in properly? it could have been knocked out during the A/C work. Can't really say about the trans problem, maybe the extra load ( from the A/C compressor ) is effecting the shifting. Best of Luck!
ANSWER by on April 23, 2010
IAT is intake air temp sensor/plugs into air snorkle right after air filter bofore getting to throttle body/has tendency for broken wire right at sensor connector.
ANSWER by on November 03, 2012
I had this problem of shifting hard after i worked on the car. I left the vacuum hose off the air intake /filter housing. I reattached it and the shifdting returned to normal.
...ne else has had this problem with a 2001 Saturn L200 series and what is a sealed system on the transmission. Does that mean if it goes out it is done. I had it serviced in April and went through the r...
Only when it is warm outside, I hear a fan revving up and my automatic transmission jerks when changing gears. The engine temperature gauge is not running hot. If it is cool outs...
My transmission doesn't want to change out. It's an automatic. I can stop,shut off the engineand wait a minute and restart and it will do fine for a little ways then do it again. Do you know what t...
Car shakes when car speed is between 50 & 55 MPH. Is this a transmission problem or something else.