transmission problems on 1994 Chrysler LHS

shifted fine last night, but today , would not shift out of 2nd gear. the fluid is full & clean

by in Joliet, IL on September 28, 2009
6 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on September 28, 2009
You may need a transmission soon, get some oil treatment put in and hope for the best
ANSWER by on June 03, 2010
It is not a failure it is a feature called "limp" mode can be caused by many factors try to run diagnostics to start from there
ANSWER by on June 13, 2010
Check the throttle position sensor.
ANSWER by on July 24, 2010
input and output sensor on the driver side of the tranny needs replaced (there cheap) you could clean the metal off the magnets
COMMENT by on May 28, 2013
Can you explain to me about the input/output sensor and the magnets? What is this sensors function? My car suddenly shifted to 1st or 2nd gear while doing 70mph. I still have that gear and reverse only.
ANSWER by on June 28, 2011
i have a 1994 lhs and i had to put a (( PCM and a TCM )) in it... but it look's like it was the PCM
ANSWER by on May 02, 2012
that is what my 1999 lhs is doing.... when u driving up to about 40mph it seems not to want to grab 3rd gear right. it only stall and the rpm's only increase but no increase in speed. that seems to be a 2 gear selonoid problem
...However, due to the age of these vehicles, mechanical failures are more likely to be causing transmission problems. If a mechanical failure is repaired or the transmission is replaced, it is important to make...
I have a 96 Chrysler LHS and my automatic transmission slips, jerks, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, the car starts revving way too high (at relatively low speeds) once the car warms up. It feels like it wil...
My daughter has a 1994 lhs,she said when she puts in gear it doesn't go into gear right away and when finally goes into gear it grabs or gerks into gear but it shifts find when its in gear. I just ...
Sometimes when I come to a stop, I have a delayed reaction from acceleration to driving forward. A couple of days ago my transmission stayed in 3rd gear on the freeway. I just changed my fluid an...
when i put the car in gear it jerks but wont move,and have changed the tcm,and the trans.has been rebuilt not long ago.what to do now?