Transmission slipping in Drive, so now use 4th Gear for most around-town driving. Recently 4th gear starting slipping, so now using 3rd. What is the extent of this problem, and how much should it cost to repair?
Transmission Problems on 2001 BMW 740i
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
August 18, 2010
This requires a transmission diagnosis to determine the extent of the repairs needed and what the repair cost will be. Get an idea of how much a diagnosis will cost by using the RepairPrice Estimator: http://repairpal.com/estimator?car_type_id=3011
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740i Questions
- Service engine light
- Engine misfiring on Bank 1 possibly due to timing problem. Could be timing guild
- How can i tell if my transmission is out of just needs to be flushed out
- What is my best option if I need to replace the alternator in my 2000 name 740i?
- What is the repair cost if my car needs timing change guides?
2001 BMW 740i Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($2,386 - 2,856) in Nightmute, AK
- Heater Hose Replacement ($168 - 222) in Byromville, GA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($321 - 389) in Girard, OH
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Fort Irwin, CA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,940 - 3,159) in Hughes, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,519 - 1,547) in Morgan, GA