When driving my RX300, just after going over a speed bump (almost stopped), then start to accelerate, I get a noise in the front right hand wheel area...kind of a bu, bu, bu,bu, quickly, like a shaft is slipping in splines all most...and when it does it, the car basically stops moving....Took it to a local Toyota dealership, and they said the traction control sensor had rust all over it. They cleaned it and "0" calibrated it?.....seemed ok at first, then about 6 miles from the dealership, it did it again (just once).....Did they over look something, or could I really have a real transmission issue??
transmission problem, or sensor issue? on 2002 Lexus RX300
1 answerJuly 24, 2010
1 answerJuly 11, 2013
2 answersFebruary 27, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus RX300 Questions
- shifter is hard to get out of park and into drive
- the automatic shifter is getting hard to take out of park and put into drive
- How much to repair transmission and where is a good place to go in Ventura county
- My car shut off when I was driving why?
- this is common, RECALLED?do we have to pay out of pocket?
2002 Lexus RX300 Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($211 - 296) in South Lancaster, MA
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 119) in Carpio, ND
- 120,000 Mile Service ($713 - 976) in Iola, KS
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Dennisville, NJ
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($447 - 552) in Richmond, IL
- Trans Mount Replacement ($179 - 195) in Woodbine, NJ