2006 Acura MDX Q&A

2006 Acura MDX Question: Transmission Problem - Grind/Shudder/Vibrate While Accelerating 35-40 mph

My 2005 MDX would vibrate/shudder/grind while accelerating between 35 to 40 mph. When I took it into the dealer, I was told they could not reproduce the problem. I had 30,000 miles on the car and was in the last month of my warranty. The noise continued to become more frequent and more noticable. I took it back 12 months after my warranty expired (45k miles) and presented hundreds of reports of the exact same problem taken from the internet. I also presented a service bulletin from Acura (06-003 dated June 9,2007) for model years 2003 & 2004. After opening a case with Honda America, many calls and many threats, I finally got them to agree to 100% coverage of a torque converter replacement ($2,000). From my research, I have found hundreds of reported cases of this exact same problem for model years 2002 through 2007 for both Honda Pilots and Acura MDS's. FYI -
Could you please post this a few more times. I am worried some one might have missed all 3 posts. -
Comment 1
Sure....where else would you like it posted? -
-2007 inclusive??? Meaning, MDX 2007 is re-designed version. Does it still have the same tran issues as older version? I would presume not the same ones and they would probably fix the flaw in design. However, that does not preclude them making a different mistake in transmission design - I hear 2010 (or 9) got a new 6-speed transmission. I am about to buy 2007 and debating between Lexus RX400h and this. I like and want MDX, but if it still has these issues, i'd probably end up getting lexus. Thanks - any replies can be send to spalislam@gmail.com -
A shudder or vibration may develop while driving at speeds between 35 and 40 MPH. Our technicians tell us this condition is commonly caused by a failed automatic transmission torque converter. It i...