transmission problem on 1998 Chevrolet Lumina

My transmission is slipping when I put it in reverse and than when I put it in overdrive are any of the forward gears, but does fine at high speeds and low speeds after a few minutes, what can it be.It has a transmission code PO1870 to

by in Houston, TX on December 22, 2010
2 answers 2 comments
ANSWER by on December 22, 2010
when was the last time it was serviced?? sounds like a seal issue but could be a partially clogged filter. if you have been driving for a while like this, damage may have been done internally. Roy
COMMENT by on December 22, 2010
I serviced it earlier this week and still having problems
ANSWER by on December 23, 2010
A code P1870 usually indicates torque converter slippage. If you bring your car over to Mr. Transmission on I-10 East (713-455-1780)or on Antoine (713-683-0700), we will check it out for free and tell you what needs to be done.
COMMENT by on December 23, 2010
ok Thanks
my transmission is leaking. I am having to put in a quart and half in the transmission to go anywhere..is this hard to fix and is it exspensive to fix?
My car sometimes smokes a lot when I start it and it is leaking transmission fluid. The smoke is coming out of the muffler. Ive checked the oil and it doesnt need oil. Do I need to just change...
The rubber section of an automatic transmission cooler line may develop a fluid leak . In som...
instructions on changing the filter and transmission fluid
...raffic on the highway. I know absolutely nothing about cars, but even I know this must be a transmission problem? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!