1990 Chevrolet Lumina Q&A

1990 Chevrolet Lumina Question: transmission problem?

My car sometimes smokes a lot when I start it and it is leaking transmission fluid. The smoke is coming out of the muffler. Ive checked the oil and it doesnt need oil. Do I need to just change seals or is this a major transmission overhaul problem. -
It sounds like a vacuum motor for the transmission may have ruptured and now the trans fluid is being sucked out of the trans into the engine and burning. Is the trans fluid getting low? Better check it with the car idling in park! -
Though I am not sure about this model year, if the transmission uses a vacuum modulator, it could have a ruptured diaphragm and be drawing transmission fluid into the intake and burning it in the engine. Try checking the transmission fluid level and see if it might be a little low. -
my transmission is leaking. I am having to put in a quart and half in the transmission to go an...
The rubber section of an automatic transmission cooler line may develop a fluid leak . In som...
instructions on changing the filter and transmission fluid
My transmission is slipping when I put it in reverse and than when I put it in overdrive are any of the forward gears, but does fine at high speeds and low speeds after a few minutes, what can it b...
...raffic on the highway. I know absolutely nothing about cars, but even I know this must be a transmission problem? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!