Transmission problem on 2006 Ford Five Hundred

After driving on the freeway for an hour or so and then going to city driving, the transmission slips in first and second gear creating a hard bump. It does this numerous times. I took it in to a mechanic and there were no codes coming up and he could not duplicacte the problem. As soon as I took it back on the road, it continued to do the same thing.

by in Hoschton, GA on May 31, 2010
5 answers 3 comments
ANSWER by on May 31, 2010
Same thing is happening to my '05. Had the issue in the past and took it in. They downloaded some "NEW" software and it got better for a little while then it started happening again. This time they said it needed a transmission control module for a total of $2200, naturally after the warrenty ran out. Just been dealing with the problem but it's getting to the point where I have to do something no matter what the cost.
3 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on August 10, 2010
I was having this problem as well. It seems to be a problem with the Valve body on the transmission for this specific type of transmission. I had to get it replaced, and the guy replaced JUST the valve body, not the cylinoids (spelling?) around it, and it worked correctly again.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on August 30, 2010
Whad did it cost you to change the valve body?
COMMENT by on August 30, 2010
My 07 F500 trany was quite rough when shifting from park to reverse and drive; no codes showed but the Ford dealer in Tempe, TX inspected the throttle body and found it to be dirty, as I understand. They replaced the throttle body, and now everything seems fine.
ANSWER by on August 30, 2010
MY 07 F500 with 51000 miles would clunk when going from park tp reverse or drive. No codes showed, but the dealer inspected the throttle body and found it to be dirty, as I understood. They replaced the throttle body and now all seems fine.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on June 29, 2012
I have replaced the throttle body twice (at $800 each) in the last 4 years and now my 2005 Ford 500 is doing the same thing. Not to mention I am having th same A/C problems that many others seem to be having. This car seems to be becoming a money pit.
ANSWER by on September 05, 2010
I was having this problem as well. When the transmission would shift into passing gear it would shift so hard it felt like the engin & transmission may fall out of the car. The Ford dealership checked it out, and said there were no problems found in the computer check. I told them to check out the transmission, NOT the computer. They orderd the new transmission and replaced it the next weel.
ANSWER by on June 01, 2015
I am having the same issue right now. Short distance driving, no problem, once I'm driving for 45 to 60 min. the transmission slips and will not go over 40 mph with out pushing it. I pulled over the first time it happened and let my husband drive, and when he put it in drive, we also had a hard bump sound, thought the engine would fall out.... I too think that Ford needs to look into this issue. I'm just glad that I was not pulling into on coming traffic and needed speed to merge, I do believe there would have been a terrible accident...
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may corr...
does it have a transmission filter
when shood i change my fluid,and what make is my tranmission.