TRANSMISSION PROBLEM on 2005 Kia Amanti

I PURCHASED A 2005 KIA AMANTI 3.5L V-6 WITH A 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. THE TRANSMISSION SHIFTS SMOOTHLY BUT DOES NOT EVER SEEM TO SHIFT INTO 5TH GEAR WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE OVERDRIVE. DEFINATELY SHIFTS INTO 4TH GEAR. I CAN NOT EVEN GET TO 5TH GEAR WHEN DOING A MANUAL SHIFT. THIS IS CAUSING POOR GAS MILEAGE BECAUSE ENGINE REVOLUTIONS ARE HIGH WHEN TRAVELING DOWN THE FREEWAY AT 65-70MI/HR. I DO NOT HAVE THE ENGINE MALFUNCTION LAMP ON BUT NOTICED THAT THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TRANSMISSION CONTROLLER SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR THIS 2005 YEAR AMANTI. I PURCHASED THE CAR USED. IT WAS A HERTZ LEASED VEHICLE FOR 4 YEARS AND MAY NOT HAVE RECEIVED THE LATEST UP DATES. THE CAR WENT ON THE AUCTION BLOCK JANUARY OF 2010 AND I PURCHASED IT IN DECEMBER OF 2010. I AM ACCORDING TO CAR FAX THE 4TH OWNER OF THIS CAR. 2 PREVIOUS OWNERS WERE USED CAR DEALERS.

by in San Marcos, CA on February 14, 2011
2 answers
ANSWER by on February 14, 2011
would advise taking this to your local KIA dealer. like a lot of cars today, KIA does not have a specific mileage to service the transmission. it is a KIA specific fluid. would also see if there is a software update. most KIA's are not well maintained; most people just drive 'em until they drop, especially if they are leased.
ANSWER by on August 02, 2011
Did you get this problem solved? I am having the same problem and put in another transmission and it is still doing it.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light i...
Make sure the transmission is filled with Kia-approved transmission fluid and at the correct level. Our technicians tell using incorrect transmission fluid or operating the transmission when it is...
Driving down the road in drive about 30 mph, the check engine light came on and the transmission quit working. Still works in reverse. Fluid level was as it should be. 120k miles on vehicle.
check transmission fluid almost empty, where do I add fluid, I normally work on my dodge truck butthis car is like a crazy puzzle, checked the manual, only shows the dipstick for checking...