Transmission problem? on 2006 BMW 325i

When shifting my automatic transmission into reverse recently, I have noticed a low pitch sound like a fan is hitting something. The noise goes away in 15 to 30 seconds. Transmission not giving me any problem. Happened once before a few weeks ago.Was rear ended a few weeks ago and car was repaired by BMW.Problem appeared after repair.

by in Long Beach, NY on July 05, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on July 05, 2009
I would definitely take it back to the shop that repaired your BMW. There is issue called 'hidden damage' when a car is being repaired after and accident. This basically means that some cars have to be attended to more than once after accident to be completely repaired.
I have heard too many different answers to what?/when? on maintaining the transmission. I have even heard that my car does not ever need trans. maint. !!??
When refilling transmission fluid, how do you determine that the transmission is full and where on the transmission do you put the new fluid in
I just bought a 94 325i bmw and it would go in drive but not in reverse so I had the transmission filter change done on it and now it wont do anything, what is wrong?
Went for a drive in the Cali mts last week with my automatic 2004 325i sedan. It has less than 53k miles on it. When I started it back up after a short hike, the engine light and another light (gea...