If I select drive when moving out on the highway the transmission kicks in & out steadily when it gets to the speed overdrive kicks in. The overdrive doesn't lock in --- it just continues to shift in & out constantly. This is a rebuilt transmission with 20 miles on it. I have run it only to test it in high. The rest of the time I have kept it in the next lower gear so as to not damage the trn.
transmission overdrive on 1995 Dodge Ram 3500
4 answersMay 24, 2010
0 answersNovember 11, 2014
1 answerNovember 19, 2013
1 answerApril 06, 2011
1 answerFebruary 09, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
- Fuel Dies when I go down hill or take foot off of accelerator to slow down.
- truck won't roll over at all checked starter, thats ok, what else can it be?
- Where is the fuel bypass on the Cummings 5.9L?
- How can they fix the EGR permanent defect at no cost to me
- 1996 dodge 3500 12 valve 4x4 1st gear shifts great as does second gear but
1995 Dodge Ram 3500 Estimates
- 36,000 Mile Service ($124 - 190) in Mercer, TN
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Gifford, WA
- Spark Plug Replacement ($213 - 285) in Fort Howard, MD
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($520 - 1,563) in Dennis, KS
- Suspension Ball Joint Replacement ($206 - 260) in Arnaudville, LA
- Crankshaft Vibration Damper Replacement ($368 - 482) in Coatsville, MO