If I select drive when moving out on the highway the transmission kicks in & out steadily when it gets to the speed overdrive kicks in. The overdrive doesn't lock in --- it just continues to shift in & out constantly. This is a rebuilt transmission with 20 miles on it. I have run it only to test it in high. The rest of the time I have kept it in the next lower gear so as to not damage the trn.
transmission overdrive on 1995 Dodge Ram 3500
0 answersNovember 11, 2014
1 answerApril 06, 2011
4 answersMay 24, 2010
1 answerNovember 19, 2013
1 answerFebruary 09, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
- 3500 shut off at a light. The truck turns over but wont start. What could it be?
- erratic and intermittent loss of power in brake system
- My batteries wouldn't charge so I wired in a external voltage and it worked for 6month then quit charging again , this time the alternator was bad.
- Truck idles fine. But upon acceleration it goes to full throttle but then throttle starts to drop and black smoke start coming out of the exhaust.
- My automatic transmission will go in reverse but not forward after I pushed in two wheel drive after using 4x4