If I select drive when moving out on the highway the transmission kicks in & out steadily when it gets to the speed overdrive kicks in. The overdrive doesn't lock in --- it just continues to shift in & out constantly. This is a rebuilt transmission with 20 miles on it. I have run it only to test it in high. The rest of the time I have kept it in the next lower gear so as to not damage the trn.
transmission overdrive on 1995 Dodge Ram 3500
4 answersMay 24, 2010
0 answersNovember 11, 2014
1 answerNovember 19, 2013
1 answerApril 06, 2011
1 answerFebruary 09, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Ram 3500 Questions
- the 2 wires going to the blend door on ac both have 12V at same time
- What is the cost to overhaul my engine?
- Fuel Dies when I go down hill or take foot off of accelerator to slow down.
- truck won't roll over at all checked starter, thats ok, what else can it be?
- Will not shift from low to 2,all new solenoid s and gov and other
1995 Dodge Ram 3500 Estimates
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($42 - $60) in Mercer, TN
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($625 - $704) in Gifford, WA
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($167 - $302) in Fort Howard, MD
- PCV Valve Replacement ($32 - $46) in Dennis, KS
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($267 - $320) in Arnaudville, LA
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Coatsville, MO