Drives great under 40 mph above that it acts like it dont know when to shift.Had code read it came back to trans range code but later found out that trans dont have trans range sensor but does have trans speed sensor which they say is just the same!!! What do you think help me out. Thank you!!
Transmission not shifting. on 1997 Ford Contour
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by DaveJM,
March 28, 2011
You do have a transmission range sensor... The code may mean a faulty sensor, but could mean something else. The sensor is a place to start.
4 answersJanuary 16, 2011
Verified for the Ford Contour21 reports
2 answersJanuary 21, 2009
1 answerDecember 24, 2010
1 answerSeptember 19, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Contour Questions
- What causes my 95 v6 ford contour to (hum) when I start it it last for 10 sec...
- Coolant fan fuse #2 60a keeps blowing
- when I turn the key to start car key turns instrument panel lights on that's it
- Replaced fuel pump ecm and fuel pump regulator but it won't start. Checked fuses seems there are good. Car sat two yes fuel filter maybe? If ground not solid from ecm will that prevent starting?
- have a contour that is chugging and lurching have changed fuel filter and pump along with plugs and wires ran for two weeks and now won't crank