the front of the transmission leaks fluid. leaks mainly when truck is turned on.
transmission leaking on 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty
If the front of the transmission leaks oil and the oil is red in color it is most likely the torque converter seal at the front of the transmission that is leaking, if so the transmission must be removed to replace it. Make sure it is not the engine rear main seal or any other engine related oil leak that is responsible.
1 answerFebruary 04, 2011
3 answersFebruary 04, 2011
1 answerSeptember 02, 2009
1 answerJune 25, 2016
1 answerOctober 31, 2010
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Problems(14)
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Repair Estimates
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Q&A(89)
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Recalls(4)
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Shops
- 2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Ford F-250 Super Duty Questions
- . I have a 2010 250 4x4 5.4 6-speed. Truck has rough idle, bucks and hesitates.
- How often has the key start gone bad? How expensive to replace it.
- Oil gone from crankcase into coolant fill what caused this
- I scanned my truck and a fuel sensor "A" code came up. I have about 1/4 tank
- Truck will start in any temperature but will lose power quickly and stall.
2003 Ford F-250 Super Duty Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($178 - 283) in Coral Springs, FL
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($459 - 609) in Saratoga, WY
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($231 - 393) in Concord, GA
- Fuel Filter Change ($101 - 204) in Lodi, TX
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($487 - 820) in Fairchild Air Force Base, WA
- Window Switch Replacement ($129 - 189) in Cordova, IL