Engine light went on with problem. Transmission is stuck in first gear but the transmission selector is in drive. I am able to go up to 30 mph but the rpms are winding out.
Transmission is stuck in first gear on 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500
The first thing to do is attach a scan tool to the 16 pin diagnostic socket under the dash and see what code is stored. The vehicle may be stuck in a limp home mode. The fault code will indicate the trouble shooting path to follow to figure out what is wrong with the engine or power train.
Verified for the Dodge Sprinter 250010 reports
0 answersNovember 04, 2015
1 answerJune 06, 2010
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Repair and Maintenance
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Maintenance Schedule
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Problems(5)
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Repair Estimates
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Q&A(24)
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Recalls(4)
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Shops
- 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Sprinter 2500 Questions
- 2004 2500. Will go into limp mode on hwy. No lights, codes. Fixes itself. Help!
- Start error after replacing battery?
- What makes the rear AC not work on full cold cycles if temp is turned up works.
- DTC-P2339, not in database of iCarSoft mb2. LHM response. What is it?
- Oil pressure light & Check coolant light-no leaks van runs great
2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 Estimates
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Amanda Park, WA
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($444 - 513) in Waterford, OH
- AC Compressor Replacement ($942 - 1,306) in Palmer, PR
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($183 - 220) in Earth, TX
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($29 - 78) in Trevett, ME
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($875 - 891) in Edgemont, AR