I bought this jetta a few weeks ago, engine runs great, i knew it had some kind of transmission problem but am very handy with cars so i wasn't worried. after starting it up i noticed the coolant level warning light starts blinking and the engine check light was on and it was over heating, i checked the coolant reservoir and found brown muddy substance inside, i then opened the radiator drain at the bottom and put a water hose in the reservoir and ran the engine, a whole lot of that brown muddy stuff came out. after a about 10 minutes the water was clear and the engine was cool. I then check to see if the transmission was contaminated and when i pull the fluid pan bung instead of transmission fluid coming out it was the same brown muddy substance. so now am sure of two things, 1 my tranny is busted and the fluid cooler is also busted. my question is will i be able to fix the tranny my self or should i replace it?
Transmission fluid in my coolant reservoir. on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
1 answerJuly 02, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- Where do i see how to change the clutch in a V6 2000 Volkswagon jetta
- My boyfriend left the lights on in my car and killed my battery
- how much would it cost to repair the wiring on my lowbeam headlight
- upon acceleration at high speeds, my car shakes. Let off gas it stops. Why?
- No power on windshiel wipers