Reverse works on level ground, however, if backing up hill will not back. Does this require new trans or some kind of adjustment and/or flush?
Transmission on 2001 Audi A6 Quattro
If the transmission will not operate under the pressure of going up a hill the problem is most likely in the transmission unfortunately. I would first have someone with a scan tool that has Audi diagnostic capabilities plug in a scan tool and see if the transmission has any trouble codes stored. Have the transmission fluid level checked.
Verified for the Audi A6 Quattro42 reports
Verified for the Audi A6 Quattro23 reports
Verified for the Audi A6 Quattro77 reports
1 answerAugust 23, 2015
1 answerApril 29, 2009
This week's top 10
2001 Audi A6 Quattro Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($273 - 354) in Lincolnton, GA
- Starter Replacement ($359 - 481) in Verbank, NY
- Spark Plug Replacement ($182 - 236) in Mechanicsburg, OH
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($263 - 359) in Encinitas, CA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,621 - 1,662) in Waunakee, WI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($546 - 630) in Cherry, IL