With no prior indication of any transmission problems, after picking up my 94 E420 after having a tune up, I started noticing a chemical smoky smell once I parked the car. The smoke would be coming from the space between the hood and windshield. There was liquid leaking onto the parking lot on the passenger side. It drove fine for about 2 days and then it quit going forward and will only go in reverse. The transmission fluid level is fine when looking at the resevoir. Any suggestions on what the possible problem is. Again, it runs perfect except for this and there was no warning whatsoever before it stopped going in drive. Thanks.
transmission on 1994 Mercedes-Benz E420
by yashuah in Cookeville, TN on May 29, 2010
1 answerDecember 09, 2010
2 answersDecember 05, 2012
0 answersSeptember 28, 2011
Verified for the Mercedes-Benz E4205 reports
2 answersJune 06, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz E420 Questions
- gauges on the dashboard don't work.
- the light inside my gear console has gone out. how do check it?
- the dashboard button to the rear defroster stays on..was told the regulator is
- once I start the car I hear a buzzing sound does not stop until car is turnd off
- random missfirecode #8 what is the # order on the v8