My transmission was replaced with a rebuilt one from the after market warrenty company and installed by the ford dealership 1 month ago.The dealership also installed two sensors(dont know which ones) that the replacement transmission did not come with. They wanted to replace the transmission because they found metal shavings in the pan while looking into my problem. I still have the same problem...I get an intermittent kick from 1st gear into 2nd gear....either when hot or cold....when up shifting or down shifting...This happens only so often...even after having the trans replaced....help!!!!!
Transmission on 2003 Ford Windstar
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by user91328 ,
June 24, 2011
this is a warranty item. you need to go back to the dealership and leave it with them. do not accept it back until you test drive it with the service manager and the problem is fixed.
1 answerOctober 17, 2012
1 answerMarch 15, 2016
2 answersMay 14, 2010
1 answerDecember 20, 2010
1 answerSeptember 22, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Windstar Questions
- Steering wheel colum ..Gear shift
- My theft light blinks my trip zero outs when cold starting & head lights flash
- My van suddenly died while driving 30 mph. Does nothing when trying to restart
- Solution needed for van stalling with lean bank codes PO171 and PO174
- 3.8 V6 Windstar engine has a knock/rattle.
2003 Ford Windstar Estimates
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($63 - 77) in Girard, KS
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($184 - 243) in Newmarket, NH
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($160 - 227) in Viola, IL
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Harwood, MO
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($236 - 272) in Dawson, AL
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($155 - 196) in Doucette, TX