Our BMW is making a banging sound in the transmission when we excellerate. It can make the car shudder. With only 45,000 miles on the car, the idea of replacing the transmission rather unappealing. Any idea what the cost of replacing the transmission is? Also, the warranty expired, but is there a chance BMW will stand behind their product. I thank you for your time and consideration. Warm regards, Mark
Transmission on 2005 BMW 545i
Asked by Visitor for the 2005 BMW 545i
5 answersMarch 22, 2010
1 answerJune 23, 2011
0 answersJuly 05, 2012
1 answerMarch 11, 2013
2 answersNovember 12, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 545i Questions
- Ok I've got a BMW 05 545i 102000 on it recently started having starting issues replaced starter and integrated fuse supply module and now it is cracking but will not turn over?Lost at what next thinking fuel pump or fuel filter relay?Or cracksenor?
- Licking oil on the floor on the engine
- What could metallic noises be coming from underneath car by manual shift?
- Dynamic drive keeps popping up on screen what is wrong
- What would cause my check control & guidance to give feedback of "unavailable?"