Was changine transmission fluid to try to help a shudder that happens when going into overdrive - - - found a plastic valve and o-ring in pan when pulled it... Where is that from? Trying to figure out where it goes... thanks.
transmission on 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis
1 answer 1 comment
The white/yellow plastic piece is a shipping plug, used to block the dipstick hole when the transmission is shipped to Ford. When the tube is inserted at the factory it falls harmlessly into the pan. Discard the plug.
When dealing with transmissions, can i put my 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS transmission in my 2001 Mercury Grand Marquis LS transmission?
1 answerApril 17, 2016
1 answerDecember 20, 2013
Verified for the Mercury Grand Marquis66 reports
1 answerNovember 21, 2010
1 answerJanuary 10, 2011
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair and Maintenance
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Maintenance Schedule
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Problems(5)
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Repair Estimates
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Q&A(62)
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Recalls
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Shops
- 2002 Mercury Grand Marquis Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Grand Marquis Questions
- Is the headlamp switch on this model year supposed to be illuminated?
- AC blows hot air when turned on, but compressor is working.
- car died while running will not crank all electrical works battery good new alt
- Shifts perfect, fast or slow, but has a rumble strip sound, cruising & shifting
- My 06 mercury grand marquis gear shifter is stuck in Park won't budge