I had to replace my transmission after 110,000 miles. I currently have 174,000 and the factory re-build replacement has now failed. It only got 64,000 miles. I spent 3,600.00 a few years ago. Now it's 4,200.00. Do I have any recourse from Volvo or the dealer?
Transmission on 2002 Volvo V70
Asked by for the 2002 Volvo V70
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
April 08, 2009
Sorry to hear about the transmission. You can try contacting Volvo, and if your lucky you may get them to pick up part of the cost, but it may be difficult with this many miles. Hopefully you have a good repair history with your local dealer, that will help considerably.
This week's top 10
2002 Volvo V70 Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($161 - $278) in Isleta, NM
- AC Compressor Replacement ($663 - $916) in Lake Dallas, TX
- Spark Plug Replacement ($90 - $119) in Boaz, AL
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($712 - $981) in Riverside, MI
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($446 - $664) in Posen, IL
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($258 - $322) in Chapel Hill, TN