The transmission lite did not come on until they reflushed the transmission, after we had it towed over 100 miles, from it being serviced 2 days prior, and when we took it back to repair shop, they reflushed put 9.1 qts. the transmission lite now comes on and sometimes sounds like it is slipping when you accelerate. Do I need a new transmission. Could it be the ECM..Where is the ECM located? Thank you.
Transmission on 1998 Honda Passport
Asked by for the 1998 Honda Passport
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by rdude135 ,
November 29, 2009
It's hard to say if you need a transmission or not. I have only seen one transmission go bad in a Passport and they tend to be trouble free. The biggest problem I see is an fluid level issue. I would make sure that the oil level is correct first and if so it will most likely have to be diagnosed to find the problem.
Verified for the Honda Passport28 reports
3 answersFebruary 07, 2009
3 answersMarch 03, 2010
1 answerJuly 02, 2010
1 answerAugust 07, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Passport Questions
- Vehicle is running sluggish low power on take off. when starting smells funny.
- the engine turns over but won't start
- I just replaced the catalytic converters and did tune up still no power
- will an automatic transmisson from a 99 rodeo fit a 2000 passportwiring and bolt
- Why won't the car hold a charge ?
1998 Honda Passport Estimates
- Transmission Fluid Change ($108 - $232) in Potomac, IL
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($240 - $526) in Granite City, IL
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($174 - $234) in Muncy, PA
- Air Filter Replacement ($37 - $69) in Ether, NC
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Pillow, PA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($176 - $221) in Nardin, OK