My 1994 ford explorer won't switch to 2nd gear without me letting off the gas and letting the RPMs drop down pass the 2
Transmission on 1994 Ford Explorer
ANSWER by lawrenceg ,
October 31, 2009
These explorers have had a lot of issues with the transmissions, and it sounds like it's your turn. You should take this to a good transmission shop, look for one that belongs to the ATRA, they are good organization and there shops are good too!
Verified for the Ford Explorer61 reports
Verified for the Ford Explorer15 reports
3 answersDecember 31, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
- my lift gait ajar massage stays lit in my message display
1994 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Studley, VA
- Brake Booster Replacement ($378 - 560) in Tupman, CA
- EGR Valve Replacement ($175 - 274) in Redbird, OK
- 95,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in New Roads, LA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($246 - 277) in Gravity, IA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($368 - 474) in Van, WV