I just replaced the cars battery and now the tranny kinda jumps or kicks when entering or coming back down to first gear. I had the fluid power flushed with cleaner and new fluid installed but to no avail. Codes read were torque converter and can load. Any suggestions?
transmission on 1998 BMW 323is
BEST ANSWER by dandd ,
August 07, 2009
If you replace the battery on a BMW you often/usually have to do a shift adaption, throttle adaption and fuel system adaption. have a sharp BMW tech clear all your codes and re-set all the adaptions for starters. Then let me know how that went.
1 answerJune 27, 2011
1 answerFebruary 16, 2011
1 answerMarch 20, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 323is Questions
- What does it mean if the car dosent start but lights and radio works fine?
- My problem is that when the AC is on in any speed it will work fine nice and col
- I have a 323i converted to 6cylinder 1 spark plug seems to be over
- what tools do i need to bring with me to change my buddies belt. 1999 323i bmw
1998 BMW 323is Estimates
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($363 - 923) in Iola, WI
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($253 - 336) in Bliss, ID
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Ramona, OK
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($320 - 551) in Winthrop, ME
- CV Joint Replacement ($503 - 583) in Robinson, KS
- Signal Flasher Replacement ($144 - 157) in Worthington, KY