My car first started a rough downshift in the lower gears than later would run fine for about a mile before the gears just shut down. As if in a higher gear and just moved an inch at a time. Then the trans fail safe program message appeared. Any ideas what it might be ?
trans fail safe program on 1998 BMW 740i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740i Questions
- What is my best option if I need to replace the alternator in my 2000 name 740i?
- What is the repair cost if my car needs timing change guides?
- what would happen if a person disconnected the battery with out a power saver?
- After driving car for 20 min, putting in reverse car stalls, stall at stop light
- Estimate cost to repair cruise control