My car first started a rough downshift in the lower gears than later would run fine for about a mile before the gears just shut down. As if in a higher gear and just moved an inch at a time. Then the trans fail safe program message appeared. Any ideas what it might be ?
trans fail safe program on 1998 BMW 740i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740i Questions
- Service engine light
- Engine misfiring on Bank 1 possibly due to timing problem. Could be timing guild
- How can i tell if my transmission is out of just needs to be flushed out
- What is my best option if I need to replace the alternator in my 2000 name 740i?
- What is the repair cost if my car needs timing change guides?
1998 BMW 740i Estimates
- Water Pump Replacement ($484 - 624) in Thousand Palms, CA
- Air Filter Replacement ($75 - 103) in Gastonville, PA
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($922 - 1,157) in March Air Reserve Base, CA
- Radiator Replacement ($502 - 656) in Trumbull, NE
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($531 - 958) in Anamosa, IA
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($371 - 433) in Wardtown, VA