My car first started a rough downshift in the lower gears than later would run fine for about a mile before the gears just shut down. As if in a higher gear and just moved an inch at a time. Then the trans fail safe program message appeared. Any ideas what it might be ?
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740i Questions
- Service engine light
- Engine misfiring on Bank 1 possibly due to timing problem. Could be timing guild
- How can i tell if my transmission is out of just needs to be flushed out
- What is my best option if I need to replace the alternator in my 2000 name 740i?
- What is the repair cost if my car needs timing change guides?
1998 BMW 740i Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Rear ($76 - 128) in Thousand Palms, CA
- Spark Plug Replacement ($245 - 333) in Gastonville, PA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($156 - 210) in March Air Reserve Base, CA
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Trumbull, NE
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($312 - 424) in Anamosa, IA
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($652 - 776) in Wardtown, VA