Toyota Tundra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Toyota Tundra
- Where is canister purge valve located
- ac button on dash blinks and ac will not cool
- What causes an intermittent problem with 2007 Toyota Tundra Crank but not start.
- I have had brake problems ever sense I have owned this toyota tundra 2002.
- can any one how me the timming marks on a tundra 2006 4.7 cant find all of them
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Toyota Tundra Problems
The V8 models can experience exhaust manifold failures. A leaking exhaust manifold will sound like an exhaust leak or an audible ticking noise from the engine compartment and will be especially pronounced when the engine is still cold.
Toyota issued a recall on the lower ball joint due to the possibility of premature wear from improper finishing in production. The ball joints will be replaced under the recall. There are two separate recalls combined here, one applies to 2002-2004 and the second to 2004-2006 Models. Please contact you local Toyota dealer to see if your vehicle is included.
Toyota Tundra Questions
What causes an intermittent problem with 2007 Toyota Tundra Crank but doesn't start; however after waiting for a period will start.
I changed the sensor for a smog check but they told me the cycle hasn't completed yet.
Toyota Tundra Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
When deployed, excessive pressure can build in the passenger front airbag. This could cause the inflator to rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury to vehicle occupants. This recall affects both originally installed passenger front airbags as well as those that were installed as replacement service parts. Toyota and General Motors will replace the passenger front airbag inflator on their respective vehicles involved in this recall.
Airbags use a chemical reaction contained in an inflator module to create the pressure necessary to inflate the bags when deployment is required. These vehicles are being recalled because the front passenger airbag inflator may produce excessive internal pressure when deployed. As a result, the inflator module could rupture, causing metal fragments to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will inspect and replace any defective passenger front airbag inflator module found.
Toyota Tundra Reviews
2009 Toyota Tundra V8 Truck failure to start problem - turn on ignition key to start truck, sometime nothing happens, other time truck will continue to try to start even after your hand is off the ignition key. Truck may start then immediately shut off, other times you may have to try off and on for an hour to get the truck to finally start.....HELP
Bought new Tundra Limited in 2001. 110k miles and no problems. I plan on keeping till one of us dies. I'm only 54 so its going to be close. Love this truck.
A good all around truck. My only complaint is that it should've been bigger, something Toyota has all ready done.