Reviews for Toyota Tacoma years:

Toyota Tacoma Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota TacomaOwner Reviews (63 reviews)
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Great Barrington, MA, June 25, 2014 15:42
    I have now owned 2 new Toyota products along with a newly purchased "Certified" Toyota Prius C. My purchase of the Prius came very, very prematurely. Right as Summer is upon us in the northeast my AC compressor decided to die at under 29,000 miles in my 2010 Tacoma. Of course 3 years has passed on my warranty but I was well under the 36,000 miles. It would have been at least $1900 before a hefty CT. sales tax to do the fix, and even then, who knows what else may have been at play. I could not see dumping that kind of money into a vehicle issue that should be covered by Toyota. The Sales Manager worked with me and got me into a pre-owned 2012 Prius with 47,000 miles on it. The trade was a wash and all I paid out of pocket was a doc fee, sales tax, reg/title and a pre-emptive platinum wrap warranty. I originally bought the Tacoma without even entertaining such an added expense, but now my confidence in Toyota is tarnished and I hope my latest car purchase will bring my confidence back into the fold. Had I had it fixed out of pocket or forgone the fix and gone to any other dealer or sold privately, I would be extremely unhappy with my losses. I feel like the dealership handled the situation as best they could and I feel I got a fair trade. At the end of the day, I know I will miss my truck and can only hope that the gas savings and new car settle my discontent.
    Visitor, Finksburg, MD, February 28, 2014 18:02
    this truck is great. 9 years old with 210,000 miles and it is running good. I love the 4 wheel drive. I go around everybody else stuck on the road. the 4 cylinder gives me 23 miles per gal. My biggest problem has been trusting the dealer. they really tried get me when my AC did not work. i discovered they wanted $500 for a $24 part. took it to a auto repair place and found no freon in the system. Replaced a leaking part for $200. Going in for replacement of the lower steering shaft. Other than that I have had very little problem.
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, January 25, 2014 06:14
    my car is overheating.I add water to the radiator every morning.The temperature increases when am driving,whether the air condition is on or not.I once made a two hours journey not knowing that i did not cover the radiator,and since then,the radiator water drops every morning i check it.But the car was not over heating until recently.Please what will be the cause for i dont want a guess work.
    Visitor, Waianae, HI, December 26, 2013 11:41
    Aloha! I bought my 1998 3.4L SR5 5 Speed Extended cab with only 26,000 miles on it. It is a 2 Wheel Drive, NOT a 4X4. Lots of Power, Good Gas Mileage, Loaded. I would have preferred a 2.4L Engine. This V 6 Has Enough Power to Keep up with Some V8s. No Trouble at all with this truck. Usual Maintenance Plugs and Air Filter. Only 86,000 Miles on it. Looks and drives like New.
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, December 15, 2013 07:22
    my truck 99,000 this day 15 dec. 2013 2002 model 4x4 ext cab. cruise control will not engage light comes on but does not work. the frame was rustproofed rear tire replaced by recall by Toyota also.I am on third set of front brakes right now. my back bumper started rusting 3 yrs. ago. got new one, cost 310.00. engine has not me any trouble at all. I use 5w30w full syn. every 6,500 mi. keep filters changed and service trans. and cooling system.
  • 2011 Toyota Tacoma
    grandpapacker, Chesapeake, VA, October 26, 2013 04:37
    Its a good truck;but the air bag light stays on after starting the truck.My truck is a 4X4 and when I drove it on the sand @ the Outer Banks it did great!
    Avery Automotive, Wichita, KS, August 02, 2013 12:03
     Technician
    I got this truck new in 1999. Had it for five years and got another one. Best little truck never broke down and was great off road. Got about 15-18 mpg. Wish I still had the truck
    Visitor, Scottsdale, AZ, April 28, 2013 11:59
    Bought a brand new Tacoma dbl cab 4wd trd package in '04. This is my 6 Toyota PU covering a span of 35 years. Amazing. I have 140,000 miles. I get a clunk when the tranny downshifts to low, when coming to a stop. Dealer said that's normal; feels like a rear tranny mount. Small issue with the dome light; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Front springs are a joke. Replaced the whole suspension (springs and shocks, with 3" lift) at 120,000 miles and it's like driving a brand new truck again! Toyota Amazingness!
    Visitor, Vancouver, WA, March 27, 2013 12:57
    I bought my 1995 Tacoma Xtra Cab 4wd, 5 speed in 1998 from private party. This is an amazingly dependable, tough-built, very high quality vehicle !! I have owned it 15 years now and it still drives great at 191k miles, looks great, original paint still gets lots of nice comments, many people have offered to buy it, though I never have thought of selling it. No secrets ..just regular wash and wax, regular oil and filters change (Valvoline Full Synthetic 5w-30 and Fram Xtra Guard filters for oil and air), NGK Platinum plugs. Also use Valvoline Full synthetic in trans and differential. Only weak spot is the front rotors have required turning several times, pads go 100k+, still no rust,no dents, only 1 tiny rock chip in original windshield. No squeaks, rattles, leaks. Superb vehicle ..been in love with this truck since day of purchase. It was designed,engineered, built, finished, and maintained right.
    Visitor, Houtzdale, PA, February 25, 2013 05:50
    I have owned this truck for 9 years and love it best truck I ever owned. At 300000 toyota put new frame under .now at 364000 idle problems I will fix. Ithink this truck is indestructible.
  • 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Portland, OR, February 24, 2013 21:03
    Bought new. Rear tires blew first gravel road I took it on. Windshield shattered in the driveway, first snow fall. Vynel flaking off the dash, after 2 years. Breaks go almost to the floor since day one, and dealership does nothing to fix them. All you smell is fuel every time you start it. Transmission acting up right at 60,000; had to be fix. Biggest piece of crap I could have bought. NEVER EVER AGAIN.
    Visitor, Ellijay, GA, January 16, 2013 12:20
    I bought a new Tacoma STD cab 5 speed from the dealer in 1997, I now have 646k on this truck, never touched the engine, did put a bearing kit in the transmission at 489k. I always can depend on this truck.
    craiger4233, Houston, TX, September 23, 2012 09:30
    Bought this vehicle new. I am religious about maintenance. I have less than 50,000 miles on it and have had unusual amount of repairs. I have replaced the a/c blower motor twice. The second set of O.E.M. brake pads had only 10,000 miles on them when backing came unglued from the pads on both sides of the vehicle at the same time. The rotors warped and had to be replaced. The a/c evaporator developed a pin hole leak and had to be replaced. The fresh air/recirculated air door servo motor had to be replaced. There is over spray on the one of the front fenders. The a/c blower motor switch resistor has had to be replaced. Drivers door window came off of track. The glove box shock absorber retainer tab is broken and is not replaceable without going to the extremes. And the air intake for the engine and the a/c evaporator (which is inside the cabin on the firewall) suck an abnormal amount of dirt and leaves. But other than that I love it. Oh! And the price for replacing a set of keys for it is right at $700.00 which is ridiculous.
    Visitor, Skagway, AK, September 11, 2012 10:21
    I bought this regular cab, 4-wheel drive, 4 liter 1995 Tacoma in '97 with 30,000 miles on it. I live in Alaska and it has been a real champ. In 2008, I replaced the original battery after it died on New Year's Eve in Fairbanks at minus 45. We dragged it ito the garage, warmed it up, jumped it and I made it back to Anchorage. It still has the original muffler. Granted the starter probably will be replaced for the second time this week, but I'm not complaining! I had a tune up with a local mechanic who used non-Toyota spark plugs and the dealer service manager took me to task for not using Toyota plugs, which in fact I think killed one cylinder, which now operates at 60 percent. People are always trying to buy it from me, but I swear I will replace the engine before I ever sell.
    Visitor, Oneida, TN, September 08, 2012 08:36
    I have a 02 Toyota Tacoma and I love it. This is my 3rd Tacoma, first was 97 I totaled it. Second was 03 and I traded it for 02 cause I wasn't to crazy about the color. Not had to many problems out of mine. The exhaust has rusted in two that I still haven't got fixed yet. Have had to replace 02 sensor, clean my mass air flow sensor and now I have a short in the headlight harness I have to fix now. Truck is 10 years old with over 100,000 miles so I have def. got my money worth.
    BrosRyan, Ocean View, DE, June 17, 2012 11:56
    Since new in '03 I've put 93K. Took it to the dealer after 5 yrs of cautious avoidance. They said an "open recall for frame corrosion" would get me a free undercoating. The check engine lamp has been on ever since = code P-042 "OS2 sensor bank one". Found to be sending 100% properly. That poor guy in Arizona : If it aint (isn't) broke DONT FIX IT ! I live in fear of having to buy anything or trust anyone now...What a drag. ~ JD
    Visitor, Daytona Beach, FL, February 29, 2012 17:50
    Bought this 2000 new with the 2.7L (PreRunner w/auto). Great truck! Has 140000 now. Just replaced the starter due to it not wanting to start after sitting for a day or two (would start after a few turns and clicks of the key). This truck has been used for short and long distant driving. It has hauled just about everything from appliances, rocks, lumber and so on. Believe it or not, with the tail gate down and easy driving, I average at 30mpg highway and 26 city. The way to do it is "preventive maintenance."
  • 1996 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, February 12, 2012 10:57
    1996 4WD bought this truck with 2k miles in 96' when I was 18 just out on my own from high school. Dealership that sells Chevy and RV's got it as a trade in from a guy who wanted to haul his tow-behind RV with it. It didn't have quite enough balls to do the job, so he traded them both for a Bus RV. Almost 16 years and 245k miles later this truck is still looking good and running strong. No truck payment since 2000 and maybe $1500 in non-scheduled maintenance since then. Rough Chicago winters, Chicago potholes and Chicago cab drivers can't kill it. If some people on here got a lemon, I got the opposite end of the spectrum. It's like the Terminator of pick-ups. I swear, if i put this truck in a car crusher, the cube would un-crumple itself and start on the first key turn. I replaced the starter in 2009 and the exhaust from the catalytic back in 2010. Other than that, all major components are factory. I will admit, it's a little puny compared to American trucks and even the new Tacoma's. If you see one used buy it, you will get your money's worth.
    Visitor, Santa Maria, CA, February 01, 2012 00:47
    Bought this truck used in 2006 with 92,000 miles. Has the 3.4 and is 4x4. Been the best truck I've ever owned. Had the head gasket blow 2 weeks ago at 198,000 miles thanks to the crappy design of toyota and not honoring the recall issue. All replaced and done my self and back on the road. Other than have had no problems at all. Best part is pulling out the big trucks when they get stuck. HAHA! To bad toyota quit making the 3.4. It blows away the newer trucks!!
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, September 19, 2011 09:51
    Gas mileage sucks! Stock 17.5 mpg hwy I added K/N filter and cold intake with minor difficulty for a whopping 20mpg! My friends have Dodge diesel 4x4s that get 21. Front wheel wells on this model have openings that collect leaves and has to be cleaned regularly to prevent rust. Paint job chips, scratches and stains very easily. I keep teflon wax on it but the paint is bad. A/C is only fair and I have had it checked by pros. Stock brakes sucked (dealer did them twice before 30k) so I went proactive and installed drilled and slotted front discs along with ceramic pads to great effect! Electronic tranny button is worthless, nobody can figure out what its use or need is. Complained to the factory about these problems and they told me I was the only person to do so. Was told by the dealer that only auto trans was avail in my model. My next truck will be a manual even if I have to buy used. Door lights would be great as my friends tell me they cannot see my open doors at night. Other than that it is a great truck and I expect to have it for at least 5 more years before I move up to a cab over for camping.
    elloco, Benson, AZ, September 09, 2011 07:34
    The problem with my 2003 Toyota Tacoma misfiring after a preventative maintenance timing belt replacement was solved. It turned out to be a broken/missing sensor tooth on the crankshaft position-timing belt wheel. How it happened?...don't know, probably done on belt removal or installation. The P/U has been running fine since bought new in 2003 and 97000 miles on the odometer. The ignigter and ECM were ok as were the coils. Very nice, dependable truck and the A/C works fine , even here in hot, dry Arizona.
  • 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Meadowview, VA, September 06, 2011 16:41
    bought my 1st toyota pickup 5 yrs ago loved the truck took alot 2 get her running paid $2000 for it had sum major issues for a 91 took it to the toyota place and they told me theyd give me $3500 for it on a new 08 tacoma so i did it shure glad i did ive got 60,000 miles on her now getn 28mpg compaired to the 15mpg on the 91 . been upgradeing this 1 since i got it afe cold air intake,tornado,fuel miser,dual catback exhaust,bed cover,,side steps. soon to come body armor front bumper and a chip from gforce.im going to drive this truck till theres nothing left then fix it and drive some more
    Visitor, Benson, AZ, September 02, 2011 17:15
    At 97000 miles I took the P/U to a local garage to have timing belt and all other belts replaced as preventative maintenance. The mechanical part went well but the engine was missing when started. Diagnosis resulted in that coil for cyls 1-4 was not firing. Test showed that signal from the ignighter on fired once, the other two coils fired ok. Subtitution with a known good igniter resulted in the same misfire. That leave the EMC in question. The p/u was running perfect when it entered the garage. The head head mechanic and help are all scratching their heads and I'm without a P/u. Sounds to me as rule #1...disconnect the battery ground when doing work on the engine was not done. What say you?
    Visitor, Koshkonong, MO, August 28, 2011 12:32
    bought an o6 4x4 in 2008 had 26000 miles on it I have replaced rearend U joints condensor wheelbearing need to replace balljoint leafsprings on driver side which are broken and needs torque convertor. The truck now has 130000.This is my 2nd taco and the first one didnt give me any problem.I am really dissapointed in my truck.To bad they wont let you keep them for a 2 month test drive!
    Visitor, Newfoundland, PA, July 11, 2011 09:38
    Its an OK truck. This is my 2nd Tacoma (1st was a '98, Toyota bought back due to severe frame rot). Had the frame replaced on this 1, took over 3 months to complete (in the middle of winter of course!) Replace timimg belt, water pump and trans-axle seals at same time. Rear brakes need a major repair ($1200) due to what sounds like a design flaw. Check engine light is always on, needs O2 sensor, same as my old one. Now the heat is stuck on in the middle of summer. What next? This will be my last Toyota, unless Toyota can figure out how to make a truck last like they used to!
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Valdosta, GA, June 20, 2011 11:33
    Good truck over all. Just bad on gas milage. And I have the 4 cyl.
    Visitor, Langley, OK, May 04, 2011 15:10
    Having problems with the accelerator. Has full gas pedal sometimes, other times I have to push it down half way to get any response from the engine. Had the codes checked, nothing showed up.
    stunnod, North Jackson, OH, March 26, 2011 05:57
    Bought new one in 1997 V-6 Automatic 4WD. Owned it for 12 years Replaced tires, front brakes, and battery. Did recommended maintenance. 2 years ago Toyota made me an offer I couldn't refuse on rusted frame recall ! Big mistake! MISS THIS TRUCK DAILY! This was the finest , most reliable vehicle I have ever owned.!! Been looking for another ever since ! Someone help!!
    Visitor, Carrollton, TX, March 25, 2011 10:19
    I have owned this 4wd 2.7L truck from new. It has 237000 miles and I have only replaced the belts once. I will drive this until it dies....
  • 2007 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, February 23, 2011 23:26
    great truck to drive. not good in gas
    StoneyHubers, Tacoma, WA, February 03, 2011 06:28
    I love my truck. 2.7L 4wd Manual Trans. The only problems I have encountered were saggy rear leafs after about 150k and a catalytic converter that had to be replaced at around 125K. Other than that I dare any other truck to go where this truck goes STOCK! The sag in the suspension was totally due to my use of the truck. I use my truck as a 1 ton when it is clearly not. Also I do tend to take this puppy off the road at just about every turn off.
    RJORDAN60, Houston, TX, January 01, 2011 10:29
    BOUGHT USED WITH 69,000 MILES .. GREAT TRUCK
    Visitor, San Antonio, TX, December 03, 2010 09:54
    I bought my truck used with 87k miles and am now up to 145k, haven't had any problems. I use it for city commute as well as road trips (longest being 4500 miles in 6 days) without any significant complaints. One minor annoyance is the driver side door lock which gets stuck in the locked position occasionally. By far the most reliable and durable vehicle I have ever owned.
    raceoffroader, Aurora, CO, December 02, 2010 12:56
    Reliable TOYOTA!!
    Visitor, Newburyport, MA, December 02, 2010 12:29
    I see others had a problem with the air conditioner. At 65K miles, my compressor went. $2400 to fix it. My guess is that this is a common problem and I'd like to see Toyota step up. This is my third Toyota and first major problem. Other than that, it has been excellent purchase but the "bullet proof reputation for reliability" mentioned in advertisements is suspect at this point!
    Visitor, Worcester, MA, November 24, 2010 17:07
    Original owner,73,000 miles: Body and interier look great. Under carrige frame is good but gas tank plate is like swiss cheese.(poor metal)Brakes,Drive Train and electrical have been good.2.4L engine seems a little under powered on highway- small wrap noise upon start-up at times. Exaust-Emissions: Had to replace oxegyn sensor about 10,000 miles ago. Muffler is rotted out and also mid way gasket.Heat and AC have been fine. I have 1 leaf spring that broke with no exsess loads. Front end has been good. Over all not to bad....I expected better!
    phx1251, Phoenix, AZ, September 12, 2010 20:01
    This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Completely reliable! Im creeping up on 100,000 miles and have had no problems!
    Visitor, Dudley, NC, September 09, 2010 14:48
    I bought this about 11 years from a dealer in Texas. It had 35,000 miles when I bought it and now it has 348,000 miles. That's right. I love this truck!!! My wife and kids always ask when I'm going to buy a "big" truck. I just say "when the wheels fall off from driving it." I might start thinking about it when I get 500,000 miles on it. I keep all the normal maintenance up on it - oil, tires, spark plug wires, spark plugs, shocks, brakes, etc. It's been a great truck. I hit a deer a few years ago. I thought the insurance was going to total it, so I started looking and found another 1998 Tacoma that I was ready to buy. I didn't have to. Just wanted to share some good news about these very reliable trucks.
    Visitor, Murfreesboro, TN, August 03, 2010 10:28
    This has been an outstanding truck ! Purchased new in 99,..Love it never any problems
    weiserman74, Liverpool, NY, July 23, 2010 18:08
    Overall great truck. Blows other 4WD's out of the water in the snow. Excellent power and performance. Looks great and has plenty of room. However, I have had some problems with the power steering (had a corroded line and now a bad pump). Brakes seem like they were a bad rotor/pad combo out of the factory. Lastly, I feel the shocks are cheap and should be the first upgrade to the vehicle.
    Visitor, Marshfield, MA, July 20, 2010 09:42
    @33K on a 2004 the check engine light came on. This caused me to look at the air filter that was packed with maple seeds by a chipmunk. Cleaned it all up and and reset the computer & still have CEL. Took it to the dealer and for $96 was told the rear O2 sensor was NG. Replaced it with a $56 Denso. Now the AC cannot overcome a 95 outside temp. 85 yes 95 no this will be my next automotive project. RWCD
    Visitor, Manlius, NY, July 09, 2010 15:18
    40,000 miles with only 3 short seasons of air conditioning and the air conditioner no longer works. Cost $200 at Toyota to tell me this. Then another $2,800 to repair!!
    Visitor, Spring Valley, CA, June 17, 2010 23:29
    Good truck for the price. The only problems I've ever had were: about 2 years into ownership, the paint on the front bumper started to peel right off. Obviously a factory defect - poor paint adhesion and not covered under warranty. That sucked. Bumper replaced at $395. Also at 115k miles the famous "check engine" light came on. Never had that happen before - ever on any of my Toyotas, (this was my third.) Turns out that this year they had bad air/fuel ratio sensors and that cost me almost $500. So much for the extended emissions warranty for 100K miles huh?
    Visitor, Wesley Chapel, FL, June 15, 2010 15:24
    This has been an outstanding truck for the most part. I have had some very minor issues. I had one with the air conditioning, one with the paint, one with a amber parking / drive light. I presently have just under 60,000 miles on it and still have the original everything except for the windshield wipers. I get just over 20 MPG combined driving with the V-6 engine. I have towed a 4500# travel trailer roundtrip to Alaska and round-trip to Pernnsylvania and back
    Visitor, Montgomery, LA, May 30, 2010 19:10
    great truck for the price
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, May 13, 2010 16:35
    My check engine light just came on as I'm about to sell my truck for top dollar being that it is in great shape. Does this usually indicate a expensive repair or a easy fix.
    Visitor, Gulfport, MS, April 22, 2010 08:50
    This has been a great truck with very little problems other than usual wear & tear. I have over 206,000 miles. The ride is stiff but it is a Pre-runner on a 4 wd chassis. the seats are uncomfortable for drives over an hour. The engine is a little underpowered for a 4 cylinder. Great gas milage with a/c on. Avg. 22mpg on hwy. Transmission will jump into neutral if if floor it on take off. Never have changed the timing chain. Change oil between 7500-10000 miles, using Castrol Synethic. Overall a great truck.
    Visitor, Denver, CO, April 20, 2010 17:09
    I LOVE THIS TRUCK! I bought mine 2 yrs ago with 90k on it, and it is still seems new! i've put about 50k on it so far, driving across the country at least 3 times! the stereo wiring is tempermental, but i think that was done at home by the previous owner. it has a supercharger in it, and is SO FUN!
    Visitor, Denver, CO, April 14, 2010 21:17
    Purchased new in 02. Replaced timing belt at 120,000 miles, replaced auto tran just short of 100,000. Very reliable, never had any real problems until today. Runaway accelerator problem blew my mind. NOT a stuck brake pedal. Got towed to a Toyota specialist for inspection....not a dealership. Will see what happens. The outcome may change my opinion of Toyota quality. Kinda of weird that it happened out of the blue but you should have seen the RPMs!
  • 2010 Toyota Tacoma
    Visitor, Carnation, WA, April 14, 2010 15:01
    Third Tacoma... I have never had a more reliable vehicle...
    Visitor, Coraopolis, PA, April 13, 2010 17:01
    65000 no problems
    Visitor, Concrete, WA, April 04, 2010 14:20
    Best Truck Ever..Love it never any problems
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, April 01, 2010 20:59
    Great truck so far. I'm still waiting for the "runaway engine syndrome" to kick in...
    wllinc, Hialeah, FL, February 14, 2010 10:42
    Own this truck sense 2000. Has not broke down. Drives well, beside the check engine light does not turn off. Brake great. Paint still good.
  • 2009 Toyota Tacoma
    SB Automotive, Downey, CA, August 26, 2009 01:10
     Technician
    2009 TRUCK OF THE YEAR. FUEL EFFICIENT. AFFORDABLE. GREAT QUALITY FOR REASONABLE PRICE!
    Billy Z, Las Vegas, NV, April 15, 2009 11:07
    Great truck. Never had a problem.
    PoleMD, Glen Burnie, MD, April 14, 2009 08:27
    My 1999 Tacoma is still the best looking truck wherever I park it. Its 2.7 liter, 4-cylinder engine, with manual transmission, delivers robust high and low-end performance. And, in 4WD, it's sure footed in rain and snow. Having to manually lock the front end to go into 4WD is a minor inconvenience. Its only maintenance has been what Toyota recommends.
    bertrum, San Francisco, CA, February 18, 2009 21:44
    I have a 1997 Tacoma with over 260,000 miles and is still running strong. The engine (3.4L) is big enough to handle a fully loaded 12' trailer or small boat and on the highway, I', getting about 22 miles to the gallon. No complaints, great truck with minimal mechanical issues!
  • 1996 Toyota Tacoma
    Busta, Oakland, CA, January 18, 2009 12:55
    Since day 1 my Tacoma has been a work truck. I fitted a rack on the roof, a camper shell, wench, etc and have used this truck day in and day out for hauling. The engine is still pulling strong with over 176k miles on it. The clutch is going but it's held up until now. The suspension squeaks but I have the original shocks. I'll probably drive this Tacoma until it has 200k miles on it then get myself another. Definitely recommend Toyota trucks!
    highexposure, New Paltz, NY, December 16, 2008 13:59
     Technician
    I've had my 2003 Tacoma since it was new and I've put 112,000 miles on it. I set up the back like a little camper and drive it all over the states and it hasn't ever left me stranded. It struggles up hill sometime, so I wish it had more power, but otherwise it's great. I wish the seats were better, and I wish I could see the clock!
    patmannion, Capitola, CA, October 17, 2008 14:50
    I spent several months looking for a great deal on a Toyota Tacoma. These trucks have great resale value compared to Ford or Chevy. I got the 2.4 liter four cylinder, 5 speed, 2WD. With gas prices being a concern I routinely get 26 miles to the gallon. The truck has been exceptionally reliable. I would certainly recommend Toyota trucks. I would strongly recommend the extra cab, it is so handy to have somewhere to safely store your belongings without leaving them in the bed of your truck. The only real criticism I have is the engine is a little under powered (but fine for my purposes), and the turning radius is awful. I have 162,000 trouble free miles. The 4 cylinder engine uses a timing chain resulting in low over all maintenance costs. I’ve driven the 4WD and unless you need 4WD the ride is a little rough for my liking.
    Mapk, Fullerton, CA, October 13, 2008 20:51
    This truck has been great! I bought it used with 8k miles and never had any problems. The interior is a bit tight, but it's high quality all around. Highly recommended. If you don't need a diesel engine, I can't imagine buying anything other than a Japanese truck. They're the best!
    rdude135, Alameda, CA, October 07, 2008 16:17
     Journeyman
    This Tacoma has been an exceptionally reliable truck. Comfortable and quiet inside (still after 100K), nice factory Toyota sound system. Consistent good gas mileage for a truck (24MPG). Manual trans started to make a whine noise around 90K, other than that this Tacoma has been absolutely flawless. Considering how I beat up the things I drive this truck has taken it and asked for more. Great job Toyota! I would certainly purchase another one.