Toyota Solara Reviews

Toyota Solara Reviews and Owner Comments

had my toyota for 3 yrs,i love my car,now its rattling on the right side of engine,on the outside of it, i need to know what it could be, and how much too fix it, it makes a little rattling when on and parked and when i start giving gas at the begining and when i stop.
My 2005 Solara was a beautiful car, but now it looks ugly and in need of new paint, new dashboard, new glove box. The leather seats are separating and peeling. The arms rests are flat and very unattractive. I'm embarrassed to have any one ride in my car. As of now the car has almost 60,000 miles and runs really well just looks really bad. Debating having the care painted or just trade it in ? Also have put on new brakes.
My "Black Beauty" gets looks all the time. I have even had a few "want to sell it?" questions on it as well. I bought it in North Carolina when I lived out there and drove it all the way to CA comfortably. I bought it in 2000 and am still in love with it
I love my Solara! Sporty, love the body style, drives great, has been reliable from the beginning. I had a 1995 Camry Coupe and traded it in for the '04 Solara. The '95 Camry was still running great in '05 when I traded it. I do agree with others that the only bad thing about the '04 Solara is the cracking dash. Wish there was a simple, relatively inexpensive solution to the problem - I don't like the velour dash covers.
bought my 1999 solara new. now has 322,000 miles on it. Has the 4 cylinder engine. I drive 80 miles round trip to work. Change oil every 3 thousand. I wish Toyota would start making them again. I would buy another in an instant!
The best car I've ever owned. Can't say enough about its reliability and appearance. Have recently replaced the struts and it rides like new.
well. my first one (I bought another with 108,000 miles) went... are you ready for this... 358,000 miles, I replace the first timing belt at 318,000 had the Transmission rebuilt at 272,000 and replaced an alternator at 351,000. That is it, except for brakes, tires, light bulbs and oil changes. Everything else was original. Traded it in and bought a "new" 2001 one... (well "new" to me)
Beautiful engine and overall performance but both of my windows have problems. The passenger side window wont go down, it came off the tracks and had to be permanently rolled up. And my driver's side window needs a new motor and makes a terrible screeching sound.
I got a 07 Toyota Scion TC Limited Edition or my Birthday brand new. As a matter of fact there were only a few of this particular model made. It has been an awesome car. Very pretty Pearl white. I now have over 130k miles on it and I have only experienced tire problems and really nothing more. I owned two other Scions prior to this one.All of which were brand new when my husband purchased them. The very 1st Scion,I totalled within 3 dys after we purchased it. Some one hit me from the side. I ended up with a broken neck and my car was not repairable.I survived the crash though. For that I am thankful. Once I recovered,my husband went out and bought me the same,baby blue Scion like the one wrecked. I am getting ready to buy another car and give this Scion to my daughter. I really want the new sporty model. I saw one the other day and I love it. I felt so lucky when I got my 07 Scion. I had the only one like it in my home town of Shreveport,LA.
2005 Toyota Solara, beautiful, except for 3 issues: 1. The dashboard is cracked all across the top of the instrument panel and down the sides to the windows and down to the radio. Have estimates to replace at $1,800.00. 2. Has a slight hesitation when I push the gas pedal. 3. When I put the convertible top down or up my radio fades out.
I have a 2005 Toyota Solara Convertible with 32,000 miles on it. I have replaced all four brakes twice, now it needs motor mounts. Change the oil every few months. The car runs great slight hesitation which has always been there when I accelerate. The brakes and motor mounts are troubling me I don't know if I am being ripped off by the mechanic. Just was quoted $500 for front brakes and rotors and $400 for motor mounts.
I have a 2004 Toyota Solara convertible and the inside is falling apart. The dash board is cracking everywhere and the arm rest are all wrinkle.I owne 3 lexus and those cars are fantastic. Very desappointed with Toyota. I went to see if they would do anything to help the situation without any success.
ALL great except serious cracking in dashboard. Toyota recognizes the issue but so far refuses to accept responsiblity
Great car,take care of it and get really good tires,put new tires on mine at 77,0000 Drives like a champ. I use synethic oil seems to love it,interior could have been a little better,Engine is great,love me Some Solara...:)
Overall my Solara is a champ. I can leave it running and no one can tell. That is how smooth it is. Passing on the highway is no problem, it will get you where you need to be in no time flat. My radio AM/FM/CD keeps cutting off and on. I also hear a loud squick when turning the steering wheel first thing in the morning, more so in the colder days. I have less than 50k miles. I had no problems with the radio until I took it in for a oil change just after we moved to this area. I wonder if they could of done something wrong and that is my problem? Other than those two things, the engine has no problems. I just now have to replace the tires right at 50k only by choice, being female don't want to be out there changing a tire. Hope I still have this Solara when my grandson drives.
My 1999 Solara is a dream, I love the way it rides and living in AZ I was able to install headers and a Borla exhaust and she loves to run!!!
I own a 1999 Solara with the 3.0L V6 with 328,000 miles on it. I bought it in Feb of 2002 with approx. 40,000 miles. I use Amsoil Full Synthetic 5W 30 engine oil and have since about 70,000 miles. I also use Sea Foam in the oil to combat the sludge problem with Toyota's motor. I change the oil about every 10,000-15,000 miles and towards the end of the cycle, I add the Sea Foam. This combination has worked well to this point. The car doesn't smoke, still gets close to 29 mpg, and will still do a pretty decent burnout. It does use a little oil, but it's leaking from the valve cover gasket, not burning it. I have only replaced O2 sensors, brake booster and the front axle as far as non-routine maintenance. Routine stuff like plugs & wires, timing belt, water pump, are just part of keeping one going. This car has treated me well and will hopefully get me close to another 100,000 miles before she dies. Still on the original tranny too. Did a trans flush around 230,000 and replaced all old fluid with Amsoil ATF.
head gasket leak, my daugther brought the car Dec 2010, around March head gasket started leaking, I believe the dealership had some knowledge about this vehicle, also had to replace power steering pump. This toyota solara, I nothing but trouble and suck the money right out of my pocket, she needs a car to get to school and work. causing much stress in my house right now. Brought the car as is, with 90 day return policy, which we just missed.
I got my 2006 Solara SLE with 200,000 miles on it but that didn't bother me! Everything under the hood is dry, clean and was well maintained by the first owner! I love cruising with the top down. This is the first super nice car I have ever had where everything was actually working on it! The only issue I have is the transmission seems to jerk a tiny bit when getting in to the last gear. It's like the transmission lets go for a split second and then grabs back on.
Is it unusual to have to replace the drive belt on a 2008 Solara with just under 50,000 miles? How often do the tires last on this car? Also is it common to replace the breaks at under 50,000 miles?
Got 125K and have only had to do routine maintenance. NO other issues. Still has all original major components. About to do some suspension work. Horrible roads are the cause. GREAT CAR!!! LOVE IT!
Purchased new Labor Day week-end 1999. Going on 12 yrs. and closing in on 258,000 miles it is by far the best car I've ever owned. Other than routine maintenance and regular oil changes it has also been the least expensive car to maintain I've ever owned. Still get 28 - 30 mpg. I finally have to replace the catalytic converter, and once I do I hope to get at least another 100,000 miles out of it before I retire it. Awesome car!
I have 150k in my 2002 Toyota Solara but I found out that it is burning oil and will need an engine rebuilt or just keep adding oil every week. Anyone else having the same problem?
Purchased new in 2000 now has 250,000km, manual transmission. Excellent car. One nagging issue. Since new the car has a miss at light throttle around 2000 rpm. EGR changed when new. A review of operation shows all cylinder intermittanly miss. No error codes, plugs recently changed. Anybody out there have any idea what is wrong.
202k, Reliable and still running well. Minor repairs and maintenance schedule makes it last.
Bought new V6 SE, and has 96,000 miles, great car with acceleration, on the highway 80 mph (3100 RPM) is no problem with more acceleration available. Suspension is full and provides a very soft ride. Road noise is near nil to none, cornering is good. I think Toyota went overboard with security feature, this car will auto lock in 10 seconds! (or less). Even if the car is locked, if I stand outside reach though the open window and unlock it the alarm sounds. The exterior body panels are thin and soft as they have taken major dents from door dings from day #1. Overall probably the best car that I ever owned.
Love my 2006 Solara Convertible SLE...cannot fathom why Toyota has quit making these. By far, the best car I've ever owned and I've been driving convertibles for 18yrs now. With over 70k miles, this car has been extremely reliable, very low maintenance (only needed the basics, such as tires, oil, & one set of brake pads about 5k miles ago). Good trunk space for a drop top. Got in a wreck in mine and it held up extremely well...I drove away, while the other car did not. (Thankfully, no one was injured.) Overall, just an awesome car and would happily by another when this one is ready to go...if Toyota starts making them again. Praying ours doesn't give out any time soon because we just love it.
Well my 02 toyoota solara is used every day to drive about 200 miles a day n she has 236748 miles on her n still running like a champ i love3 it hilley recamend it itll work n last forever just got to kkeep up with ur tune ups but great car
I have a 1999 Solara V6 that has 275,000 and has been a fantastic car. I drive A LOT and this car handles so well that I hope it lasts another 275K. Other than typical maintenance this car has needed very little. I'm taking it in this week for new spark plugs, manifold gasket, oxygen sensor and timing belt and plan to keep this car as long as possible.
I have a 2005, 89K. I can't beat the reliability. I didn't need brakes until 70K. I get 34 mpg on the highway. I've only had to have something fixed once. The pasenger window would travel beyond the top stop. Everything else has been routine maintenance at my discretion. I'd buy Toyota again.