Reviews for Toyota Paseo years:

Toyota Paseo Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota PaseoOwner Reviews (12 reviews)
    Visitor, Wake Island, HI, December 02, 2013 15:55
    Great car - fantastic reliability We have had this car for 6 years and it is now on 230,000 kms Only changed battery & tyres plus oil Doesnt leak creak or over heat fantastic
    Visitor, Cherryvale, KS, July 15, 2013 13:51
    Bought my 92 Paseo with 52,000 miles on it. Never leaks oil. 37 mpg in town and 45 mpg on highway. Has 172000 now, still sounds like a new car. Have only replaced a headlight switch, battery, tires, oil, and starter in the last 120,000 miles. Liked it so much I bought a 96 Paseo just in case something ever happened to the 92.
    Visitor, Sicklerville, NJ, March 29, 2013 17:40
    My Toyota Paseo has 270,00 miles in it,just put 2nd timing belt in it. I am having trouble locating complete strut assembly direct bolt on. Anyone out there who can steer me to right path?
    Visitor, Fort White, FL, February 24, 2013 05:56
    My Paseo has 200,000 miles on it. It continually blows brake bulbs. Anyone else having these issues? The mechanic cannot find any reason for this problem.
  • 1995 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Athens, AL, December 29, 2012 09:36
    Bought this car for my daughter with 17,000 miles on it from a dealer. I never had any problems with the car other than a new water pump at around 200,000 miles. It now has 256,000 miles and the engine is starting to rev up and down when idling. It has been a super, super, little car with gas milage at approximately 32 MPG. The big question is, why did the big car makers ignore this fuel efficiency design/technology?
    Visitor, Redwood Valley, CA, April 22, 2011 19:02
    We bought are Paseo with 92000 miles on it and it just rolled over to 300,000 it has been a fantastic car. The only draw back about this car is this, the back seats are so close to the back window that adults can't sit in the back without having to lean forward. I just put the first new exhaust system in it and it needs a new clutch but with that many mile I'm a happy camper.
  • 1993 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Palo Alto, CA, March 06, 2011 21:11
    I have had my Paseo for over a year. I have only had one mechanical breakdown in 30,000 miles, and that was when the distributor went out,luckily a hundred yards from home so I was able to push it the rest of the way.Now it's 180,000 miles. It drives like a new car. I had a beginner driver almost crash it and the bearings went out in the front and the back but I am surprised that's all that happened. Extremely well built car and very agile. Safe too. I'd totally get a teenager this car to drive. It's good pick up but it's not especially fast. I know a few people who drive this car and they will NOT trade their cars(and I have met almost 10 so far).
    Visitor, Springfield, IL, January 25, 2011 19:22
    Bought mine with 78,000 miles. I've done alot of work on it(rings and a valve job) but I drive it like it's race day...everyday. It has 172,000 on it now and I'll probably never get ride of it. My kids call it the green monster...get it...because it's gotta be the smallest car in America.
  • 1995 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Summerville, SC, November 06, 2010 06:18
    Bought my 1995 Paseo new in 1996. It now has over 300,000 miles on it. No major repairs - I changed oil every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. My daughter now drives it and is just now needing master cylinder repairs. Great car!
  • 1997 Toyota Paseo
    Visitor, Radcliff, KY, September 16, 2010 15:12
    Bought my Paseo with 60,000 miles, now has 150,000 miles. A/C went out shortly after purchase. Has only needed basic maintainence. Drivetrain has been totally trouble free, which is where it counts!
  • 1997 Toyota Paseo
    Robert209, Annapolis, MD, November 11, 2009 08:14
    I have had my Paseo Convertible for 10 years. Had 15,000 miles when I bought it. It has 133,000 miles on it now. Change oil regularly and some minor repairs. It has been a great second car. Still gets 29 to 32 MPG. AC went out this August 2009. Heater runs great as does the car.
    thedestiney, El Monte, CA, September 17, 2009 12:17
    I bought this car from a private dealer in June of 08. It has had a lot of problems, but I believe it is from the previous owner. Wires were corroded, battery was leaking, and the car had been salvaged. (Wasn't told that!) I've put a lot of money into it; brand new brakes, complete tune-up, new battery, etc. Considering all the problems, the car is still running. With 172,000 miles on it, I'm surprised I can still drive it! This car is a testament to Toyota's and their long life. But I wouldn't suggest getting a 1992 salvaged vehicle.