Reviews for Toyota MR2 years:

Toyota MR2 Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota MR2Owner Reviews (2 reviews)
  • 1995 Toyota MR2
    suzkarmah, Dallas, TX, February 03, 2010 15:17
    I had the pleasure of owning 3 MR2s, the 1st year, 1985, the 1989, last year of the orig body style and finally, the creme de la creme, the 1995 Turbo package 2nd body style, last year for the car in the US. I will always love the MR2, the car is so well balanced, the engine never overstepping what the cornering capabilities are, etc. There is plenty of room for storage and passengers without bumping into each other. The car accelerates to 110 quickly and smoothly and exhibits no noise, no rattles at 127mph, the fastest I ever got it up to, and even after a decade the car was solid as it was when I bought it. If I found a premium 95 MR2, I'd be very tempted to trade my Boxster S for it. I love the MR2.
  • 1991 Toyota MR2
    jjackson1011, Jacksonville, FL, January 05, 2010 06:12
    Have owned my 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo now for about 2 years. Purchased the car with about 122,000 miles on it. I don't street race or anything like that, but I do drive it hard. I make sure my oil is changed about 200-250 miles before schedule always using Mobile1 20w50. I have had no major problems. The factory turbocharger still boosts very strong. I am at about 144,000 miles now and the clutch is beginning to slip. Also I have had to replace the water temperature sender for the gauge. Nothing major...especially for a turbocharged car that is 20 years old. It is a very stiff ride with limited interior space. This isn't a complaint of course...it is a mid-engine sports car. This car provides the most enjoyment I have ever had in a daily driven car.