Reviews for Toyota Highlander Hybrid years:

Toyota Highlander Hybrid Reviews and Owner Comments

Toyota Highlander HybridOwner Reviews (3 reviews)
  • 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    edmarch, Spokane, WA, December 20, 2010 05:22
    This vehicle is my first Toyota . It functions as advertised but it really doesn't have that technology leap that I expected buying a "hybrid". its has obtained an average overall MPG of approx. 21.4. The hybrid system performs better in warmer weather (a function of the battery electrolyte reaction) than cold. Its run as an electric vehicle (EV) for less than a mile at speeds less than 15 mph in traffic congestion but battery depletes an it take time to regenerate sufficient energy levels to drive in EV mode again. The EV mode is more of a novelty than really functional. The suggested EPA MPG rating is optimistic at best. Overall impression so far is that its a bit pricey ($45000) and has never really measures up to hybrid standards. Its a stop gap "hybrid" that falls short of real world green expectations.
  • 2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    HiHy, Aurora, CO, August 13, 2009 21:12
    I love the way it handles and I get really good gas millage for an SUV (28-30MPG) . My only complaint is that the battery is not very strong. I can barely run the radio and charge my phone before it dies and needs charging. Besides that, overall it is a great vehicle.
  • 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
    GIL_1, Midland, TX, February 20, 2009 20:37
    I am very satisfied with this vehicle. The gas mileage for highway and city is 3-4 miles less than the factory estimate. For a mid sized crossover SUV this car performs very well.