Toyota Highlander Hybrid Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Toyota Highlander Hybrid
- My 2010 highlander hybrid check hybrid system and 4wd and brake warning are on
- 2009 Toyota highlander hybrid start,don't stay on running, makes noise
- the ready light don't led on the dashboard the car dose not work whats the proble
- Any labor saving by replacing the thermostat at the same time as the water pump?
- my 2006 toyota highlander hybrid has a cracked engine torque mount.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Problems
When changing the air filter, it is easy to knock off a hose on the air filter housing, which is part of the emission control system. If the vehicle is driven with this hose disconnected, the Check Engine Light will illuminate.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Questions
The water pump needs replacement, and you recommend replacing the thermostat at the same time.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Recalls
Two of the main control modules for the hybrid drive system are the Inverter Module and the Intelligent Power Module (IPM), which is located inside the Invertor Module. The IPM can operate at temperatures high enough to damage its electrical solder connections. Damaged solder joints can result in illumination of warning lights, various drivability concerns, and possible stalling of the hybrid drive system. Dealers will replace the IPM on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
Vehicles have a tire size/weight rating label to inform owners of the carrying capacity of their vehicle. These models are being recalled because the incorrect vehicle weight rating is shown on the information label. This could result in vehicle and tire overloading, increasing the risk of tire failure. Owners will be provided an updated vehicle weight label to correct this concern.
Toyota and General Motors are recalling certain models because the power window master switch assembly in some of these vehicles was built using a less precise process for lubricating the internal components of the switch assembly. Irregularities in this lubrication process may cause the power window master switch assemblies to malfunction and overheat. This could result in the switch melting or possibly catching fire. Dealers will inspect and repair or replace the master window switch as necessary.
Toyota Highlander Hybrid Reviews
This vehicle is my first Toyota . It functions as advertised but it really doesn't have that technology leap that I expected buying a "hybrid". its has obtained an average overall MPG of approx. 21.4. The hybrid system performs better in warmer weather (a function of the battery electrolyte reaction) than cold. Its run as an electric vehicle (EV) for less than a mile at speeds less than 15 mph...
I love the way it handles and I get really good gas millage for an SUV (28-30MPG) . My only complaint is that the battery is not very strong. I can barely run the radio and charge my phone before it dies and needs charging. Besides that, overall it is a great vehicle.
I am very satisfied with this vehicle. The gas mileage for highway and city is 3-4 miles less than the factory estimate. For a mid sized crossover SUV this car performs very well.