Toyota Cressida Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Toyota Cressida
- The auto trans is slipping in gear as I give it more gas. Moves very slow to get
- About how much am i looking at costing me for parts and labor to fix head gasket
- It's actualy a 1989 but I think I need a new key from Toyota.
- why did my air conditioner stop working properly in my 1982 toyota cresseda
- how do i get the driver door to open if i cant get it to unlock?
Toyota Cressida Problems
At higher mileages, (125,000-150,000) the automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The power steering pump may develop a leak requiring replacement of the pump.
Over the time the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system may become plugged with debris, the oxygen sensor may also be getting slow or 'lazy' around this time. When servicing or cleaning the EGR system, it is a good idea to replace the oxygen sensor because it works in tandem with the EGR system.
Toyota Cressida Questions
up to speed. It is also doing the shifting problem and will take the advice on previous answers given.
Can i get referred to a affordable an trustworthy mechanic plz?
I have removed the surrounding panels, as well as the rubber and plastic casing around the front of the lock. The key will not turn at all and I can't find a tab or anything that will release the cylinder.