Toyota Celica Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Toyota Celica
- what would cause an intermittent fuel leak at the engine
- Where is the fuel filter location on 1992 toyota celica GT
- the car wont start on the initial key turn intermittently.
- What would make it not blow hot air & y temp gauge passes hot and flikkers
- How do I access the rear drain holes on the 95 Celica sunroof --to clean them?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Toyota Celica Problems
The automatic transmission may not shift correctly. This can be caused by the throttle position sensor being out of adjustment or a shift solenoid needing to be replaced. Typically the transmission does not need to be completely overhauled.
The EGR System tends to get restricted or blocked with carbon after 100,000- 125,000 miles which will cause an emissions test failure for NOX. If the EGR system is equipped with an EGR temperature sensor it will trigger a Check Engine Light for improper EGR flow. The repair is to clean out the EGR passages and the EGR Temperature sensor. Our technicians tell this repair is pretty straight forward and takes about 1-1.5 hours. It is also wise to verify the EGR system components i.e. the Transducer, EGR Valve and VSV Solenoid at this time.
Toyota Celica Questions
already replaced the injector seals
The front drain holes were easy to locate and clean (leaky sunroof) but I can't see the entrance to the rear drains as the view to them is blocked by the open window. Even on tilt mode, there is not room to see them. Where could I get a diagram of the drains? And if I have to take it to a sho...
Toyota Celica Recalls
These vehicle were sold without the required load carrying captivity modification label. Dealers will mail the corrected label to vehicle owners. Owners have the option of requesting that the dealer install the label. This recall is expected to begin on May 27, 2010.
Toyota Celica Reviews
I bought my 95 celica convertible 5 years ago with 119.000 miles on it. It has 179,000 now and still runs like great. I love this car and was wondering what people thought re: putting money into it to recondition it? New paint job, new top etc. just don't want to do this and then the engine goes. Any comments would be appreciated.
I just bought a 1992 toyota celica gt and it needs work because it has been sitting but i was wondering if anyone new how to take the valve cover off because I cant seem to find the bolts if you know please email email@example.com thanks
I bought a 91 celica gts, and i like it, however, id love it if it ran, i drove it home the day i got it, the very next day it died, it would try to start but wouldnt hold. We replaced the fuel pump, and charged the battery, now the car wont even turn over.....any suggestions, or ideas.