2004 Toyota Sienna Problem Reports

Newest 2004 Toyota Sienna Problem Reports

We bought our 2004 Sienna new, drove it in town and on vacations. The transmission died at 250000 mms or about 155000 miles. It would have cost more to replace the transmission than the value of the car so it had no trade-in value. Toyota's usual reliability and resale value was sorely missing.

The mass air flow sensor on higher mileage cars occasionally needs to be cleaned or replaced if sluggish acceleration is experienced or the Check Engine Light is illuminated with a mass air flow meter sensor fault code stored.

One or more oxygen sensors may fail resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light.

Multiple cracks may develop on the upper surface of the dashboard. At this time, the only suggested repair is to replace the dashboard.

THE REASON i WROTE the problem in large letters is my wifes car has this problem and I replaced serpentine belts and still had same problem!!! I cannot take credit for this solution as I found it on another fix it web site...but the solution is pure genious and rediculously easy!!
According to that person,,the steering for the siennas comes down at an ODD angle and is prone to rust and debris from salt and water etc from the road getting u...

Models with electric sliding doors can develop problems with the door mechanism. The cable in the door becomes frayed, which will damage the electric motor.