Toyota issued a recall on one of the connections in the steering shaft that was not welded properly, which could cause steering problems. This can be repaired free of charge at a Toyota dealership. The recall applies to only certain 2005 models only.
4 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 comments
Steering was very loose. Took into the shop. They said Steering Yoke was Not Welded to the Steering shaft. Safety Issue. Steering could have come from the shaft and been unable to steer car at all.
Verified for the Toyota Avalon49 reports
Reported by atoyotathatfailed and 6 others for the Toyota Avalon7 reports
Verified for the Toyota Avalon22 reports
Most Common Toyota Avalon Problems
Most Recent Toyota Avalon Problems
Toyota Avalon Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($209 - 311) in Horseheads, NY
- Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($158 - 196) in Mayfield, UT
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($325 - 485) in Echo, MN
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($655 - 826) in Bagley, MN
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($541 - 592) in Williamsburg, MI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,679 - 2,079) in Joanna, SC